A Question and Some Advice

Well,if you use Windows XP, the way I use it, I'd recommend more the sound card. It helps performance, trust me. I had a game with a choppy sound and graphics. As soon as I slapped in my SoundBlaster Live! sound card and reinstalled Windows XP...it was flying fast...and still is up to this date.

If you can spare for both, a single cheap sound card will do, and use the rest for the RAM.

ram...hands down...u dont really need a sound card unless u do music edit an shit idk thats just how i see a sound card as haha i use my intergrated with surround sound...so i mean it sounds fine

but yeah RAM would prolly be your best bet here

Personally I'd get a sound card since I'm just personally into that kind of stuff, music and everything, it helps that it frees up some resources on your computer too. But most people would go with additional RAM as you'll see the greatest overall increased system performance. The raptors are a bit overrated if you ask me, I'd much rather get a simple 7200.1 RPM 320/500GB HD than a small 36GB Raptor.

I love my raptor, it really speeds things up all around, but yea ram for vista and newer games coming out.

If I had to put them in order i'd say~
1st- Ram (Without enough ram your not going to enjoy your games)
2nd- Soundcard (Without decent sound your not getting the full experience gaming or rocking out)
3rd- HD (After you have more ram and a soundcard get the faster HD for a little better performance)

Back
Top Bottom