Sound card drivers?

crazyjoe16

In Runtime
Well, today I reformatted my new computer's hard drive and installed both Vista and XP on separate partitions.

My question is, how do I find out what drivers to get for my sound card for XP? The sound works fine in Vista and I didn't get any driver CDs with my PC. So I'm guessing the drivers are somehow built in with the Vista CD.

So, anyone know how I can find out what drivers to download?

So the drivers for Vista doesn't work for XP? I would just go to Soundblaster's website and download Vista drivers for your sound card--assuming you're using an Audigy sound card.

Yeah, what brand/model is you're sound card, or is it onboard? Most probably works on Vista because it has all the updated drivers for that card on the installation, whereas the card probably wasn't around when XP came out, so therefore XP doesn't have drivers for it

Matt

Pretty sure it's onboard as I have no idea what brand it is. And I didn't say the drivers don't work on XP; I said I don't know what drivers to download...

Yeah, was just saying that you would have to download them seperately in XP, whereas Vista has basic drivers already....do you know what brand your motherboard is? If not, try clicking Start>>Run and type in "dxdiag"...when it loads up it should tell you the motherboard name and model in the System Manufactorer box.

Matt

System Manufacturer: GATEWA
System Model: GT5412

And I already tried downloading drivers from the Gateway website, but all they offer is a BIOS download and some modem drivers.

Your motherboard uses the Sigmatel 9227 integrated sound chip. Here are the drivers from Intel that should work with yours: Audio: Sigmatel 92XX [5.10.5208_XP32_XP64_MCE_2K]. :D

You sir are a God among men.

The only problem is I don't have the volume control in the bottom right...
I think a restart should fix that.

Anyways, thanks everyone. I was about to just give up on XP lol. Vista's cool and all, but XP is less of a resource hog and Aero Glass/Aero is the ugliest desktop theme I've ever seen. Luna > Aero

EDIT: Yep, the restart fixed it. WOOT!

Back
Top Bottom