memory brand?

thanks guys but i think ill just go with g skill only because theres a rebate and a big saving on it and by reading the reviews it gave me a even better urge to get g skill though i still think corsair or kingston is a better brand though

people have to remember that memory manufacturers get their chips from the same source, either Micron, Elpida, Hynix, ProMos, or some other memory chip makers. It's the customer support that differs between each company and what chips they decide to use in each price point.

They're all good. I never tried Wintec so I can't really comment too much on that. But the others are top notch. I've used Corsair probably the most out of the 4 that I like. No problems....

people have to remember that memory manufacturers get their chips from the same source, either Micron, Elpida, Hynix, ProMos, or some other memory chip makers. It's the customer support that differs between each company and what chips they decide to use in each price point.

that is very true. its the same thing with all computer parts, and even manufacturers (like dell, hp, sony, etc).

what sets one brand above the rest is their standard for what they accept from their suppliers, and how well they work with the customers when things don't go so well. Thats the reson i put corsiar first. if you havn't read my first post, check it out.

Corsair. I've got the 2x1GB DDR2-800 kit at 4-4-4-12, and it's great. Handles overclocking with my E6600 well.

Great tech support. One of the sticks was DOA, and the RMA process was smooth as could be.

My biggest gripe about companies like Corsair and OCZ is that they change chips without letting the consumer know. Everybody thought the Corsair Dominator PC-6400 was D9GMH because it was part of the Dominator series, turns out it used ProMos chips which were cheaper and did not clock as high.

Back
Top Bottom