Changing ISP, feed up with tiscali!!!!

Fisher

Fully Optimized
ok i hate tiscali. infact i would love to burn everything that has a tiscali logo on it. my reasons for this is the crap service that they have given based on lies lies and more lies. i changed from supanet to tiscali the reason was that i wanted 2Mb line instead of 1Mb. supanet offered this but it would of cost £50 a month. big no to that then altho i couldnt fault thier service. when i changed to tiscali i noticed after getting an email from them about their fair usage policy which involves not downloading, using peer to peer or torrents etc from 6-11pm. this i believe was limited to 3-400Mb or something. now when i sign up to an UNLIMITED broadband account i don't expect to be limited for 5 hours of each day which amounts to 75.8 days of my 12 month contract that i am being limited on. thats alot of download time that im missing out on. my second reason to nail them to a stake is the fact that they blatantly advertised their service as being more than responsive for gamers. they should off put an un infront of that re as my ping was continuously going through the roof. this did only happen at peek times but still it was extremely annoying. when i did speed tests my speed was going as low as 20Kbs. thats a big gap from being able to download at 270Kbs anyother time of day.

anyway to get to the point ive had enough and im now looking to switch to another ISP. does anyone know of any good ISPs? what i need the internet for is downloading heavy duty torrents emule etc day and night playing online games such as BF2 and looking at por... i mean emails *ahem* i was thinking about going back to supanet as they have dropped their prices. but i dont know how reliable they are these days

i have been with tiscali for 5years and have no problem with them, im on 8mb unlimited, and download all the time except during 6-11pm, i get speeds of 200/300kbs most of the time, if your getting speeds of 20kbs you might have a problem with your line, have you contacted tiscali about it so they can check your line speed

i have been with tiscali for 5years and have no problem with them, im on 8mb unlimited, and download all the time except during 6-11pm, i get speeds of 200/300kbs most of the time, if your getting speeds of 20kbs you might have a problem with your line, have you contacted tiscali about it so they can check your line speed
200-300kb/s is crap on 8mb. i get that on 2mb! ... usually around 235kb/s. im on bt. their only fault is the £26.99 price tag for option 3. its a great service though

200-300kb/s is crap on 8mb. i get that on 2mb! ... usually around 235kb/s. im on bt. their only fault is the £26.99 price tag for option 3. its a great service though

I said that as a average it will go to about 350 400 but i dont think my processor will allow it to go much more and im only paying £20:)

ok if you are looking for a new isp dont go with orange , i am with orange now and desperately waiting till my 12month contract is over

port forwardings mainly for torrent users and stuff. the processor has nothing to do with it. you might just have a crap line and service. that speeds still acceptable though
@muz, ive heard a lot of bad things about orange. talk talk equally suck

I used to be with tiscali back in the days when I had something like 512kbps connection LOL

Now I'm with bulldog, paying £45 a month for 8MB unlimited and phone line that gives me free calls to landlines for as long as I like 24 hours a day seven days a week!

I used to be with tiscali back in the days when I had something like 512kbps connection LOL

Now I'm with bulldog, paying £45 a month for 8MB unlimited and phone line that gives me free calls to landlines for as long as I like 24 hours a day seven days a week!

Just run a speed test now and i got 139810.1kbps (17.07mb/sec or 136.53 mbps im quite happy with that):)

Back
Top Bottom