upgradeable laptop

deadrabit

Beta member
heyya, im looking to buy a laptop that will have to last me a long time.

to do this i think its best to get a laptop with upgradeable

hard drive
RAM
CPU
video chipset/card

im not very good with laptops, i gave up on them a few years back untill technology got better.

but when i last checked (several years back) alienware i think offered upgradeable video card/chips for laptops

and my latest search brought me to asus, apparently the C90 is completely upgradable, but i cant find a vendor so i assume its unnavailable at the moment, but looking at their website they advertised easily upgradable hardrives.

i was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.
thanks
D.R

upgradeable laptops will be hard to find. If i remember correctly, that asus one is purchaseable right from their site.

is it possible for you to give us a price range so we can help you better?

im applying to university and because im dyspraxic some government organisation buys me a laptop,

but i have to suggest a make and model.

so in essence there is no budget, but i think around £1000 seems reasonable.
D.R

I think ASUS will have a fully upgradable laptop releasing soon.

Isn't that a bit of a problem? I've never seen a laptop gpu/cpu for sale as separate components available for purchase in my life. I doubt ASUS's upgradeability will change the market enough for a steady supply of laptop gpus/cpus, then again, I could be mistaken, which I often am.

teheh i dont know any different so i dont think its that bad, but i shall milk it as much as i can =p
D.R

You must know if it's bad or not, if you don't mind me saying. Dyspraxia is the partial loss of the ability to coordinate bodily movements and reactions..

As for the laptop, if you want to future proof it, make sure it's got a decent CPU, and you can upgrade the RAM at a later date if necessary. As for upgrading the GPU, you might have trouble with that.

I have never heard of our government paying for laptops, and even if they did, don't expect one up to £1000!!

my friend has Dyspraxia, dyslexia and has huge ears (poor bugger) he got a laptop for free but it was for about £500 not much of a fancy one but it more than did the job for he wanted it for.

Back
Top Bottom