Vista is gunna burn my processor

I wouldn't think so..............as long as the hardware is up to the task it shouldn't make a difference. Unless Ultimate is running alot of background garbage..........:confused:
idk but its really pissing me off cause it makes my temps jump from 35 to 50 just from switching windows. im going back to XP.

Stuff like this is why I plan on getting Vista for the next computer I build, hopefully during the summer or at the very latest summer of 2008.

Have you installed the chipset drivers and etc. i've heard that its much faster with the correct drivers. Im not too sure about the cpu usage though.

Have you installed the chipset drivers and etc. i've heard that its much faster with the correct drivers. Im not too sure about the cpu usage though.
I installed everything correctly, but it dosnt matter now. I put XP back on. So much better for now, atleast until XP gets kick outta the picture.

Come to think of it, being Vista...what were you checking temps with? You might have been getting false readings

Matt

EDIT: lmao, this is like a puzzle everytime I open this thread I see something new in the screenshot...and I quote "I love 2 fart"

Come to think of it, being Vista...what were you checking temps with? You might have been getting false readings

Matt
Even if the readings were wrong, I could feel the heat coming off my case. And when I start my computer (b4 windows starts to load) it shows my temp.

Well, the maximum is like 64gb or something...it's a daft amount that we won't get to before the next Windows release

Matt

EDIT: OK, Just looked it up...it seems the maximum varies from version to version...
In order, Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise and Ultimate
Maximum RAM (64-bit version) 8 GB 16 GB 128+ GB 128+ GB 128+ GB

You're Right, the 32-bit versions all have a limit of 4gb...But if 64 bit is available you should use it..
Sorry we're going a bit off topic here lol

Source

Back
Top Bottom