8600's and 8500's specs and prices.

Yeah processor price drops are coming from Intel putting lots of pressure on AMD and AMD returning the pressure on Intel, and impending projects like Barcelona are also contributing to price changes. Apparently the 8600GTS is on shelves at Best Buy for 250ish dollars or something, but yeah AMD/ATIs unveiling of the R6XX series is gonna bring lots of a interesting price wars between itself and nVidia, all the better for us consumers :D

At max details, not a chance. As you can see, my 8800gts 320mb studders at 1280x1024 and max settings on Dark messiah of might and magic. So i 256 would be even worse. Also, it isnt future proof at all.

Your lacking 1 gig I would add one more. Now games need 2gigs its worse if you have Vista. And there is still problems with the drivers, ive seen benchmarks the 320mb version just slows down at 1600+ res. With only one gig of memory you wont play to the max try that. I still hoping ill do fine at 1280X1024 res with all eye candy :D

Your lacking 1 gig I would add one more. Now games need 2gigs its worse if you have Vista. And there is still problems with the drivers, ive seen benchmarks the 320mb version just slows down at 1600+ res. With only one gig of memory you wont play to the max try that. I still hoping ill do fine at 1280X1024 res with all eye candy :D

This is true, I think memory always helps esp the jump from 1GB to 2GB. Everyone says its not fully used but no one can say it doesn't change anything because its a huuge help.

Yeah and I wanna get a 22" lcd or at least a 20.1". So I can use higher resolution, as in 1600x1050 I think, but no games even have that in their settings, even with a big lcd I could still use somethingl ike 1400x900 correct?

I use that res, a lot of games do support it fine, even some older ones. 1680x1050 and as has already been said all the new games, or most of them if they r decent ;) shud support this. Infernal and Stalker do.

I use that res, a lot of games do support it fine, even some older ones. 1680x1050 and as has already been said all the new games, or most of them if they r decent ;) shud support this. Infernal and Stalker do.

Stalker doesn't have true widescreen support. Your actually seeing less with your widescreen monitor than you would with a regular one.

Heres an example, the inner circle is what you see, the outer is what a non-widescreen monitor user would see. There going to fix this in the next patch. But theres already mods to fix it.

Stalker.jpg

Thats why im sticking with 19" LCD monitor I dont like widescreen on gaming.

I really dont think so, but the high end 7 series arebeing made into AGP I think. AGP is the past, sorry to say.

Back
Top Bottom