Vista is gunna burn my processor

PuNkY

In Runtime
I just switched to Vista today cause of XP problems. I noticed right away that Vista was using 90% CPU usage for simple tasks that XP would breeze through. Is this normal?

And with WMP11 changing a song makes it go up to 35-50% CPU usage?

Im thinking of switching back to XP cause my normal temps WERE 30-35, now with Vista its 40-45.

2uqnfuw.jpg

:confused:

Hmmm...what about when you scroll the task manager down, nothing else using any CPU? Vista shouldn't stress it MUCH more than XP..

Also, I couldn't help but laugh at you're scratch pad in the dock...."christina has a nice ass" lmao

Matt

i actually found out what it was. it was a process called searchfilterhost.exe. i disabled Windows Search in services and now work 90% better.
Also, I couldn't help but laugh at you're scratch pad in the dock...."christina has a nice ass" lmao
its the little things that make my girlfriend smile lol

The thing that slows Vista down is if you don't have much RAM. Going from 1GB to 2GB on Home Premium is like night and day.

The thing that slows Vista down is if you don't have much RAM. Going from 1GB to 2GB on Home Premium is like night and day.
I have 2gb of RAM, so im all set. I rly dont know but Vista seems so much slower than XP.

I rly dont know but Vista seems so much slower than XP.

Hummm..............I hear some users say that but in my experience with two seperate machines running Vista home premium it runs much faster than XP.
Switching between applications, opening applications, bootup, switching users, etc..........all much faster than XP.

Hummm..............I hear some users say that but in my experience with two seperate machines running Vista home premium it runs much faster than XP.
Switching between applications, opening applications, bootup, switching users, etc..........all much faster than XP.
Well I have Ultimate, would it really make a difference in speed if I switch to home premium?

Well I have Ultimate, would it really make a difference in speed if I switch to home premium?

I wouldn't think so..............as long as the hardware is up to the task it shouldn't make a difference. Unless Ultimate is running alot of background garbage..........:confused:

Back
Top Bottom