Oh dear

Lol?

I'm not criticizing you mate lol

It was nervous laughter because your actin like a wierdo lol

Oh and just to be clear - Are you allowed to criticize people if you've been here longer than 24 hours?

I'm not criticizing you mate lol, it was nervous laughter because your actin like a wierdo lol, oh and just to be clear - Are you allowed to criticize people if you've been here longer than 24 hours?
Huh, a good start, you're sarcastic & call me a weirdo, it's known as harassing a moderator, just settle down, enjoy one of the best computer sites & behave.

Enjoy one of the best computer FORUMS is exactly what I'll do ;)

(I didn't call you a wierdo, I just said your acting like one ;))

Didn't mean to offend or harass you!!

You people seem to be confused about what this means.

All Microsoft is doing is pulling XP from shelves, they will still release updates for it. I don't see what the problem is, why would they keep an outdated product on shelves alongside their new product? That makes no sense.

Microsoft only recently stopped releasing updates for Windows 98. XP is going to have support for years to come, it just won't be available to buy.

It even says in the article that what they're doing is no different from what they did with previous Windows releases.

Nobody is going to f***** by this, people who buy new PCs get Vista (which should be running fine by 2008), people who buy second-hand PCs will be able to continue using XP, and get updates.

You people need to learn to read.

[1] Enjoy one of the best computer FORUMS is exactly what I'll do ;)

[2] I didn't call you a wierdo, I just said your acting like one ;))

[3] Didn't mean to offend or harass you!!

[1] Good.

[2] Same thing.

[3] Apology accepted

You people seem to be confused about what this means.

All Microsoft is doing is pulling XP from shelves, they will still release updates for it. I don't see what the problem is, why would they keep an outdated product on shelves alongside their new product? That makes no sense.

Microsoft only recently stopped releasing updates for Windows 98. XP is going to have support for years to come, it just won't be available to buy.

It even says in the article that what they're doing is no different from what they did with previous Windows releases.

Nobody is going to f***** by this, people who buy new PCs get Vista (which should be running fine by 2008), people who buy second-hand PCs will be able to continue using XP, and get updates.

*You people need to learn to read.
*Watch your tongue.

*Sheepishly looks at the Windows 2000 computerin front of me*:eek:

This is actually kind of good news for me, since my Dad doesn't want vista, maybe this will force him to buy a computer soon. *Crosses fingers*

"REDMOND, Wash. — Jan. 24, 2007
With the addition of Extended Support, the support life cycle for Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Media Center Edition will include a total of five years of Mainstream Support (until April 2009) and five years of Extended Support, matching the support policy provided for Windows XP Professional."

so, no panics, XP support till April 2014

Back
Top Bottom