Please help me

gangster

BSOD
My windows xp disc got broke a couple of days ago. I need to know how can I make a backup copy. I know theres a way that I can make a copy with the files thats already on my computer but I need to know what files are they. Do I need to burn them on a cd or something. Please help me. Thanks

You could allways borrow one from a freind as long as its the same version as you exactly i.e with the same service pack on you cd key should activate fine, the only problem you will have is if you have a slipstream version installed like you often get with laptops where you only get he necessary drivers on the recovery disc so its not actually the full version.

you can ghost your harddrive with a program like Symantec ghost. This will create a ghost image on a cd, which you can restore from at any time. Granted, you'll restore your HDD as it currently is every time, but at least you don't have to go buy windows again. As far as backing up JUST windows... Well, you'll want to ask someone with a little more experience about that(I don't think it can be done, but I could be wrong).

hmmm... if you broke the CD...

I think there are five ways to go forward

1, borrow a CD and use your own CD key
2, copy the utility partition from a friends PC and make it so the windows reinstall disc is built into your PC as well, of course you'll have to test that your CD key still works
3, ghost the drive so that you'll always be able to roll back to where you are now.
4, send the CD to a data recovery place, you'll get the data back onto a new CD for you
5, but a new copy.

Norton ghost is brill but there is one draw back to it if you change something major like a graphics card it wont restore back , well i diddnt for me when i changed mine( graphics card) i had to reinstall xp and everything again then ghost my harddrive again. if you are happy with what you got ghost is a good option.

I used to like ghost, but i hate the newest release. Had nothing but problems with it, would get corrupt images from it. Ive switched to acronis true image now, much better, and its got a better interface to work with IMO.

I used to like ghost, but i hate the newest release. Had nothing but problems with it, would get corrupt images from it. Ive switched to acronis true image now, much better, and its got a better interface to work with IMO.

I agree, the latest versions of ghost does have some flaws i too have been down that road , the best version by far is ghost 2003 this has never let me down apart from when i changed some internal hardware, which is understandable

Ok I downloaded ghost 2003 but I dont know what to do could please help me. Could someone post me some steps on how to use it. thanks

Back
Top Bottom