Need help with antivirus software.

dstebbins

Baseband Member
I notice that my school (I'm a high school student) uses the same antivirus software that I use, which I THINK is the standard Microsoft Antivirus. I noticed this because the same box pops up to notify you that it's doing its daily updates. The problem here is that the school's updates are done automatically, while my personal PC asks me for the green light, as if it wanted to know if I trusted it enough to not be a virus itself.

How do I get my PC to recognize this code and allow it without my manual approval? Also, how do I schedule my antivirus and spyware software to scan automatically at a certain time?

There should be some type of Anti-Virus icon in the system tray (I doubt it's the Microsoft one because as far as I know they only have anti-spyware, not anti-virus products)....find the icon and right click it, try to find settings and just have a browse through and i'm sure you willl see both Scan Schedule and Automatic Updates somewhere around...

Hope this helps,

Matt

EDIT: Unless you mean Windows Updates???

Ah, now I realize it's AVG Antivirus. Problem is I can find properties on the right click menu, but not settings.

Anyway, how do I decide if it's antivirus or windows updates?

have you tried double clicking the icon to see if it opens up avg, if it doesnt, go into start menu, all programs, it should be in there somewhere, if you select it in there, it should open up avg. you should now be able to configuer it in a settings menu somewhere, i cant tell you exactly as i have nod32

AVG is still free, and thats not gonna change anytime soon as far as i know. There has been alot of confusion with that message your receiving. Im guessing your still using the old version and not the new one. NOD32 isnt free, but it is the best on the market IMO.

Back
Top Bottom