Will my computer last through college?

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, the computer is in my sig, cept I will be getting a DX10 card soon. I plan on going to University of IL in Champaign. I plan on entering the field of computer engineering, unless there is a funner, higher paying computer job. Do you think my computer will ast through college? I am a sophmore in High school now.

Thanks

It all depends on what you'll be using it for. Wear and tear it will last for probably 20 years before somethign breaks due to old age, or maybe even longer

last through college?
at the rate technology is going right now, you'll definitely need a new rig before you finish off college. lol i put together the rig in my comment a year ago JUST when the 3800+ X2 came out, i was happily touting around my top of the line X2 processor bragging to my friends how mine cpu/gpu was better than theirs... now my friends have a 7900GT and a conroe 6600e to compete with..

Last yes, but it will be severely obsolete.

I'd doubt that it'd even run the latest programs in 5 years.

Well, it could run them i'm sure, but not like it should.

Essentially said, you will want something better by college. Save your pennies.

ya, something new will be in order... i have a dual core amd laptop thats fast as hell, but ill have to get something after highschool im a freshman now...

Ok, the computer is in my sig, cept I will be getting a DX10 card soon. I plan on going to University of IL in Champaign. I plan on entering the field of computer engineering, unless there is a funner, higher paying computer job. Do you think my computer will ast through college? I am a sophmore in High school now.

Thanks

It won't be a comfortable PC at that time at all, the processor is even slow for todays high end standard

i dread to think what my desktop and laptop will be like in a few years. they were low end when i brought them :p

yeah it will physicaly still working hopefully , i have a dell optiplex gx110 1ghz from the year 2000 here and it still runs xp perfectly well as i have upgraded the ram and the hard drive
my ccomp is from 2002 and it still runs xp very well upgraded ram and a hard drive and she would run vista , not as well but it would still run it so it may last you that long , dual core dosent even have 100% of the market share

also i have noticed that yesterdays gaming components e.g. pentinum 4 ht are still used in budget machines today so in the future say 5-8 years core 2 duo will be used as a budget components and a newer better line will take over maybe quad core

Yeah, and in before college I will probably be getting a low-end laptop and some desktop upgrades. I want to upgrade my motherboard soon to a 680i maybe so I can do some overclocking. Maybe hit a lil under 3ghz. And I will probably get mre ram this summer or fall. A 2gb stick. So over time I will be upgrading. I wouldnt be doing heavy gaming either in college, probably homework. Is anyone else going into computer engineering?

Yeah, and in before college I will probably be getting a low-end laptop and some desktop upgrades. I want to upgrade my motherboard soon to a 680i maybe so I can do some overclocking. Maybe hit a lil under 3ghz. And I will probably get mre ram this summer or fall. A 2gb stick. So over time I will be upgrading. I wouldnt be doing heavy gaming either in college, probably homework. Is anyone else going into computer engineering?
i was thinking about doing a computer course at uni, not sure which. i deffo want to do something IT related when i get older. im gonna have to start saving my pennies.

Back
Top Bottom