setting up a server

I have tried in active users and directory, I have said that in my first post and another one. The link provided doesnt say anything about using this although i have tried many times.

also
PHP:
[b]   [/b]

well, you are logging in slow because your dhcp server is handing out external DNS servers to the xp workstations. The only DNS server xp clients should get is your domain controler's ip

Why are you setting up roming profiles? kinda legicy. Why not just redirect their desktop/my doc?

you should not put user files in sysvol .... it will be replecated to all domain contolers .. its a bad habit ... even worse when you have multi site networks.

Just put it on one server ... if you need replication use dfs

i agre with bilbus, NEVER EVER PUT PROFILES IN YOUR SYSVOL FOLDER, i kno this because when i had just started this new job a few weeks ago, one dopey admin had put profile in the sysvol folder, and and messed up all 6 of our sites, and i had to spend a my entire first day sortin out every single domain controller in our forest ( all 15 of them!)

If your logons are very slow, it is most probably because your DNS is not correctly configured, make sure all of you clients use your internal DNS server, or if you cannot make sure other dns servers have forwarding set up to you main internal dns server (if you only have one server this should be your domain controller).
Then on tour DNS server you picked, set that up to forward all queries it cannot handle to an internet DNS server (like your ISP one, or council one or public ones like openDNS), or you could set it to forward to you router.

Back
Top Bottom