Need new power supply

I don't know. Besides 550-600W, what is a good amp amount to recommend. The ones I checked out had 25 and 30 amps respectively.

Get the one with 30 amps the 8800GTS requires 26 amps in a fully loaded system so 30 is pretty good.

Ok. Thanks a lot for the help. 30 amps with 600W it is. And this is more than enough for full potential right?

Ok. I just hope I'll be running CSS at full and without any fps drops. I want to hopefully keep fps above 80 if possible.

well lol. It seems that while I was at school, my dad already installed a 600W power supply on my system, with 35A total with a privatre 20A cable for the GTS.

Alas, there is no change in game performance. In CSS, for example, I get about 30-40 fps often times. Any other ideas about what is causing this, or are my expectations simply too big for the card?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help.

It could be the drivers, are u usint the updated ones, the original drivers had performance problems. I use tweaked drivers from www.tweaksrus.com they are much better here. But if u want to use original drivers, go to nvidia.com and download the latest drivers for the 8800. Word of advice tho, people with the 8800 have been getting much better results using the tweaked drivers.

I installed both the EVGA drivers from the CD I got with the buy, as well as the latest Forceware drivers of nvidia.com. Anything else you can add to explain the performance?

Back
Top Bottom