done! almost...

wow, cool, thanks for showin me that mod, i think ill do it... isnt very hard

ya they can be, DONT TRY THAT AT HOME! lol, well i knew what i was doing so its all good :) main thing is just not to have it plugged in lol

Some components hold residual charge, so its still kinda dangerous even if not plugged in lol ur braver then me ;)

Some components hold residual charge, so its still kinda dangerous even if not plugged in lol ur braver then me ;)

UPDATE: my psu went bad... SO i ordered a new dual rail, dual fan, 500watt psu from newegg for 40 bucks, it seems to have good reviews and hopefully it will work, it even has temp. controlled fans :) its nothin fancy as far as lights and such go, but i think it will work fine, what i might do is use my psu that went bad for my harddrives, because everything works but 3v, so i can still use my molex and such, but i cant use the SATA... i might use it as a dedicated gpu psu... ill see how much juice this new psu works...

yes they do, but as long as you have something hooked up to it to draw out the extra power in the capacitors it takes out all the left over power so it leaves no danger... ;)

thanks D88, hey guys i think i am going to put dual psu's in here mainly cause i can, lol, so i will have a total of 1000watts possible, which i will never use that much, but ill use my secondary psu for fans, and harddrives and cd-roms, the new psu will power my motherboard and 6800 and thats it, ill post some pics in a bit with the old psu in, the new psu just got shipped today and the 6800 should be here tomorrow or saturday!

Lol 2 isnt that kinda overkill?? yeah for 8800GTX sli, where u gonna stick them too , u got a big case, we need photos when its done ;)

lol, well i reversed fan flow on the old psu, so it flows in, and i mounted it in the front bottom of the case, so it sucks are into the case :) ya ill be putting pics on in a few minutes

ok guys, i took some pics of the case and mobo with the new psu in the front bottom of the case! ill also have the other psu in the normal position

NEW PSU: dual rail 500watt
will power 6800
motherboard

OLD PSU (3v bad) dual rail 500watt
will power ide harddrive
fans
cd-roms

pics are below... i also made a picture of the airflow situation so far, ill update that later once i have new stuff, blue is cold intake, yellow is warm, and red is hot air
airflow.jpg

thats airflow
DSC00011.jpg

thats the front, you can see the grill of the psu, and my harddrive fan, yes that is duct tape around the holes, i only have air coming through the harddrive fans, the psu and a couple holes above the psu

i will soon be getting a switch on the front of the case where the mic and headphone holes are so i can turn off and on the aux. psu
psu.jpg

thats just a close up so you can see the wiring tucked away and such

Back
Top Bottom