Being virus bombed..Help

ttomm461

Baseband Member
Well

besides two trojans in one day i get a messege supposed saying a tech support bot has caught me sending viruses and demanding that open a zip file they sent me and to download a patch.. no name for the so called tech support and they sent me..sent me a password to download this so called patch..i think i must have pissed someone off by bouncing their spam..

It doesn't seem like my 2 week old :mad: Mcafee virus scan catches trojans in exe files unless i try and execute them..Is a program like bit defender better..I'm familier with avg 7.5 but i want the best now..I'm under siege.

Tom

I have used mcafee before and found it absolute crap, you should try nod32 av or avg ,mcafee internet suit is just a waste of space so if you have that aswell id get rid of it a.s.a.p,try norton or if you are on xp use windows own firewall with free avg or advast. as for viruses you need to make sure you scan the downloaded file beore you open it, with nod32 av it picks up the nasties usually before they have finnished downloading so i find it very good.
Never open a file you dont recognise thats asking for trouble, if you ever get another warning from a tech forum or anybody else you have had no priory knowlege of just delete it. its 99% certain you will probably have picked up some form of spyware. use an antispyware program aswell

thanks
my mcaffe won't catch the zip file types and said my two exe files were fine when i scanned them .when i tried to execute the previously scanned files then it caught the virus..

get rid of mcafee. doesn't work well, the enterprise edition is alright but there are better options. I'd recommend either AVG free edition or NOD32.

Back
Top Bottom