Need new power supply

Yeah its a nice card!! the best card out at the moment is the 8800GTX. Urs is a bit behind that but still a top end card! Wanna swap for mine? mines better ahem :p (i wudnt lie ;) )

Forget it, my GTS pawns all, besides its slightly more powerful big brother. So, what specs I need to for sure run top? 550W with 25 amps?

Ronco, for a 100 bucks powersupply, you can do a lot better than that. The 12V rails are very weak. And plus, only 1 year warranty? The Corsair is only a little bit more and it outperforms that by a long shot.

well its in my computer now and powers everything fine.:D

You need a MINIMUM of 400watts, so basically u want to go about 120w higher than this to be on the safe side, depending on what else u have in ur pc, and ur 12v rail requirements are 26A. Again depending on what else u have on ur pc.

Actually when i got the card in my rig, i had a psu with a crappy 12v rail, it crashed when the hoover was being used ;) and the games were slower.

No your wrong dude, the company asks a minimum 400W (assuming a loaded system)

Oh and when you plugged your card did you used the power cord supplied? That is used when yoour PSU doesnt have a 6pin connector so you convert it; if you have one 6pin PCI-E connecter plug it directly to the card maybe thats the problem.

Its always best to go higher than they specify for future proof systems. Having had Nvida cards all my life i know what to expect ;) And yes my card was installed correctly, it was all to do with the crappy PSU i had, my new one powers it fine, without a prob overclocked as well. Hence why its best to be careful when PSU's are concerned, crappy under powered ones dont supply enough power, also cheap PSU's often say 400w but in reality they are like 300w, 400w is the MAX peak power, this is why its best to get a bigger psu to avoide this problem.

I am asking the creator of this thread, yeah you cant be so sure. Remeber amps are more important than MAX watt power.

Back
Top Bottom