X1900 Series Vs 8800 Series

Shantei

In Runtime
Why is it that the X1900 are costing so much still? Is it because they're doing so well? Is it because of the features it has? I see X1900 series products priced over $550 with the 8800 of a similar price? Even the X1950 are priced as mid-ranged cards.. Is it that the X1900 have gotten into the flow of it all? 8800s are much better, right?

Thanks in advance.

some of the 1900's have GDDR4 type of ram which none of nvidias cards have even the 8800's so check if that is it but for example the 1950 pro is only like 180$ i dont see what card your looking at. the top of the line ATI card i thought cost 350$ on newegg US dollars

some of the 1900's have GDDR4 type of ram which none of nvidias cards have even the 8800's so check if that is it but for example the 1950 pro is only like 180$ i dont see what card your looking at. the top of the line ATI card i thought cost 350$ on newegg US dollars

Yeah, I see what you mean, but .. they run faster. And you'd think thats all that really matters ..

Also another question, my x1900XT at idle runs at about 65 degrees centigrade .. is this normal?

Edit: And probably over 90 when in heavy games.

we have a life you know... :rolleyes:

and those temps are just fine.

edit: and don't double post, there is an edit button too.

Yes, of course you do, except when there is "90" people viewing this section I would at least expect a reply by now.. :)

Thanks for the info though.

Its not all about speeds.

Its also about the manufactures, being eVGA, etc.

So post links to the two exact cards you are looking at.

That will get you a much better responce.

Yes, of course you do, except when there is "90" people viewing this section I would at least expect a reply by now.. :)

Thanks for the info though.

yeah, but you have to understand that probably 60 or those are search bots. Then 27 are quests and 3 are users. Not exactly those numbers but you get the point, lots of search bots and guests and just few users.

Back
Top Bottom