help recovering password

alanmoser

Beta member
I'm in the Navy and I just got back home on leave.

I've got my Laptop networked to my old computer. I set up an empty admin account on it before I left, but all my work is saved under the default administrator user, and I don't remember the password.

I was wondering if there ws a network utility, or if anyone could tell me a wayto get my files, off of the computer.

I can't access the files from the blank admin user account.

thank you,
alan moser

Reported post this is a duplicate thread

on the blank admin account go into control panel, click on user accounts, click on change account, click on your main admin, click change password (or something like that) and i don't think you need the password. if you do need to input the old password i am sure there are password recovery tools on the web you can download.

I tried that.
I'm using XP Pro on the old computer, and the account i'm trying to access is the default account so it doesn't show up in the user accounts area on the computer.

Cain will crack the password in under a couple of seconds unless you had caps and numbers ;) just google it its easy to find and the download is virus free :D

Cain will crack the password in under a couple of seconds unless you had caps and numbers ;) just google it its easy to find and the download is virus free :D
Great advice mate, except you dont even know if its his computer hes trying to get into, he could want it to get into someone elses.

could be dogey. surely he could just try to recover it from the user account he has access, to not over a network

Back
Top Bottom