Computer help

gangster

BSOD
I downloaded to dvd burning software one was dvd fab and the other one was alcohol 120% but I didn't like them so I uninstalled them from my computer but everytime I put a dvd in my computer both softwares pop up on the screen but when I click on dvd fab I always get this reading " Page not Found. Could someone please tell me how do I remove them from my computer I tried to uninstall them but they are still on my computer. I just want to know how do I remove them from my hard drive because I dont see them in add/remove so that must means that its store on my hard drive or something and I want to know how do I remove them from there? Thanks

Have you checked to see if they have an uninstall program in your start menu?

How did you remove them in the first place? Did you do the uninstall first, or did you just delete all the files?

hi,

i have not tested this yet but i heard it from a friend that was having same problem right dvd fab is very messy

look in C:/documents and settings/'owner'/application data/now look for PCOUFFIN apparently there are 4 entries to PCOUFFIN so delete them all ???

no goto c:\WINDOWS \ PREFETCH delete the dvd fab boot up file and all over dvd fab files u may find there

and the last step is open regedit and goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE and look for dvd fab and delete it

then the same for HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE

PLEASE NOTE I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS. ALTHOUGH IT SEEMS PRETTY HARMLESS NOTHING MAJORE COULD GO WRONG

this is what i found on google
How to do a Clean uninstall of DVDFab Platinum/Gold
Uninstall DVDFab like you normally do, next open My Computer and go to c:\Program Files (OR) where ever you installed DVDFab and delete the DVDFab folder....now close Program Files

Since you are already have your "C" drive open go to "Documents and Settings \ OWNER" and open the "HIDDEN FOLDER" called "Application Data"...now go all the way down the list to "PCOUFFIN" that was left behind when DVDFab was uninstalled and delete the pcouffin( NOTE ) there are 4 entries for the pcouffin delete "ALL 4"....close documents and settings

Now the last thing you want to do in your "C" drive is to open "c:\WINDOWS \ PREFETCH" and delete the boot-up file for DVDFab (better known as the ".pf " file
it will look something like this DVDFAB(PLATINUM or GOLD)3080.EXE- # # # # # # # #.pf (NOTE)where 3080 is the version number and where # is a number and or letter (string of 8 total ( NOTE ) delete all entries for DVDFAB.....close the "C" drive

Now open "My Documents" and delete the DVDFab Folder (AND) the "PCSETUP" Folder ...now close my documents

Empty the Recycle Bin and for the last two steps DO in order
1st.... Do a Registry Clean up using "REGSEEKER" or what ever you use
2nd... Defrag your whole system

How do I do a registry clean up and also how do I defrag my system. Im kind of new to this computer stuff. Thanks

To clean the registry you will need to use something like registry repair pro or a free version is REGSEEKER but i have never used it , which ever one you use make sure you choose one that makes a backup so you can restore it back if it goes wrong.
To defrag your computer, START MENU, ALL PROGRAMS,ACCESSORIES,SYSTEM TOOLS, DISK DEFRAGMENTER

There are tons of registry programs out there. Stuff like registry mechanic, tune up, jv16 power tools, resplendence registrar etc.

Back
Top Bottom