Satallite Internet?

ummm i say i never get the advertised dpeed never!!! im supposed to get like 1.5 mb dl speed but i might get.....between 500 and 750 kbs and like people say the ping is super high..people tell me i got dial up!!!i mean i pay double for internet then most people....do you live in the country???do you have ne other option as far as high speed??? but you also said no games so it will be ok i download big stuff all the time...so it will be ok for that.i share my connection with 6 other computers we have them in each room so maybe thats why its not as high as it could be??? idk but for what you want it is ok! and thats way cheaper then i pay if id known that i would of went with direct tv....because i had to pay 800 dollars for the sat plus service!!!

Thanks for the info. I'm not going to have a network on this it will all go to my primary computer. Ya I just saw that advertisment on tv and figured i'd google it. My previous options were hughes net or wildblue by themselves. However when I checked out wildblue they said they were not servicing my area. I know hughes was $599 with a $100 rebate so it was really like $499 but still $500 i'm not paying that! I'll probally game online at times i'm not a hardcore gamer just something to pass the time. Thats my biggest concern I don't want to pay for 1.5mb/s and really only get like 300kb/s that would upset me.

MattieDaShark83 said:
Just curious if anybody has it? I don't have any other option currently. No DSL & No cable in my area. I've checked into it before and didn't want to pay $500 for the Satallite. But I see dish network has a new deal going. I was looking at the gold package.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/internet_access/high_speed/index.shtml#

I really think I may go for it since they have a lease dish fee of only $199. I know the price is way more than comparable cable or dsl though but its my only option. Do you think 1.0mb/s down 200kb/s up should be good enough to game on? $69.95 is pretty steep for those spec's but i'll be able to drop my 2nd phone line and current dial up ISP. So really the difference would only be $30 bucks.

I have Satellite.....except mine is from Wildblue, it's the only Broadband ISP that provides service here where i live (i live on a farm). i like it alright though...i have the cheapest package which is 512kbs download and i think 100kbs upload. i play on Xbox live some...the only game that plays lag free for me is Call of Duty 3 :p

Don't even think of gaming on satellite internet service, the upload speeds are junk. It is meant for one thing, downloading, not uploading.

Plus it's very expensive, 70 bucks a month for 1.5Kbps is pretty steep. Plus you have to buy the dish and everything. I have directv already so I have the dish and all, and I looked into it when I was changing service, but the price and the upload speeds are what turned me away from it. Luckily it wasn't my only option, I ended up going to DSL.

Don't even think of gaming on satellite internet service, the upload speeds are junk. It is meant for one thing, downloading, not uploading.

Plus it's very expensive, 70 bucks a month for 1.5Kbps is pretty steep. Plus you have to buy the dish and everything. I have directv already so I have the dish and all, and I looked into it when I was changing service, but the price and the upload speeds are what turned me away from it. Luckily it wasn't my only option, I ended up going to DSL.

Well like I said this is my only option. And i'm sick of freaking dial up internet. With files getting larger, the need to update more and more programs i've got to get something that can download faster. It gets old devoting a half day just to do updates.

Try something like T6Broadband. I dont know where you live but if you live a lil north of chicago that would work, but there are many other wireless broadband options I think, check that out first, same price as charter cable for us. But we cant get it yet, they need to put another tower up, but if you can get cellphone service you might be able to get something like sprint mobile broadband.

You could always try going through verizon and getting their wireless broadband but the speed is only like 800kbps and that's the maximum speed, still it's probably cheaper than satellite. I think you have to have a laptop for it because it uses a PCMCIA card interface but I think I've seen PCI adapters for desktops that allow you to use that interface.

Here's a link to it: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...al-_-Phones & Accessories-_-Wireless PC Cards

Also you might want to check out alltel, I believe they offer mobile broadband as well.

Back
Top Bottom