F.E.A.R Problem?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Iv'e had this problem with FEAR ever since I got the game, and still am stumped....I'd just purchased a 7600GT and was eager to try FEAR, so I installed it...started it up, and on the opening cut scene I was getting about <1FPS and the whole thing was freezing...so cranked settings to minimal, which just about any system should handle lol, nope same deal...I tried for a whole day driver messing etc etc until I got fed up...tried it once more the next day and it seemed to work fine..I've since formatted for numerous reasons and didn't back my FEAR game up, so have to start again...installed it, same problem.

Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? I don't know how I got it working the first time, let alone a second??

Matt

is it possible for you to try a different video card? just to rule out your's being effed?

what about other games in the FEAR relm when it comes to system demands. do they act the same, or havn't you tried?

Ummm...Company of Heroes fully maxed out AA 4x AF 16x I average low FPS about 20-30fps, but it does need more of a beast than FEAR, and even with FEAR on low it's the same....GTR2 runs fine maxed out, Carbon on High runs perfect, Battlefield on max with AA2x works OK..

I could try using the onboard 6100, see if it's any better, I'll do that now and get back to you

Thanks,

Matt

You can have AA and AF on at the same time with a 76?? i thought the 88's were the first to allow this? or was it just the AA and HDR lighting that you couldn't do?

either way thats weird. if its just as bad on your onboard, is it possible to get a hold of a different FEAR disk to try installing/playing off of? While i doubt its a problem, seeing as how other games work well i want to rule a bad disk off the list.

Yeah, it's AA and HDR you're thinking of lol..

I'm just reinstalling it now, then gonna try the onboard......One thing I should mention, is that the little graphics test that FEAR has seems to work brilliantly, but the game doesn't...it's really stumped me

Matt

Well, I just took out the 7600 and tried the onboard....it worked...at this point I was right annoyed, so sat here watching the screen for 10 minutes lol, before deciding to put the 7600 back in...booted it up, made sure drivers etc were OK, opened up FEAR, everything on High (not maximum, just High) and the bloody thing works perfectly, nice 80FPS on the opening cut scene!!!! Heck if I know what it's problem is, but thanks for you're help celegorm, some rep your way...

Matt

Weird... down right werid. Maybe it jsut needed to be re-seated, but i honestly don't get it. Either way, i'm glad its working for ya.

Back
Top Bottom