how to get into DOS?

Yeah but DOS is one of those excellent tools you need when your standard OS goes tits up mate :) You can copy stuff to another directory etc

yea. my old old pc is fcuked atm and im hoping to be able to locate the 98 setup files off the hard drive and install it from dos :p ... its not working atm though. i hope its just a case of me typing in the location wrong

dude_se said:
yea. my old old pc is fcuked atm and im hoping to be able to locate the 98 setup files off the hard drive and install it from dos :p ... its not working atm though. i hope its just a case of me typing in the location wrong
That is just the type of reason why i got into using norton ghost ,save all the hassle of that

blackjack said:
That is just the type of reason why i got into using norton ghost ,save all the hassle of that
Hmmm, and what if ghost wont work lol, never rely on your standard stuff. :)

yeah i remember when i first used DOS, infact it was windows 3.1 and i had no computer knowledge what so ever and no internet to seek help from. using windows back then was not that user friendly so i had to play with things and work it out for myself. buggered up my mums computer so much and so often that she grounded me for 2 months once. the actual grounding was until i fixed it but i needed to go out and get help which she couldnt see until 2 months of me mopping around the house had passed.

raffaz how do you install of a network drive? i use my other computers dvd drive to install stuff inside windows xp could i do it that way on boot up?

Fisher said:
raffaz how do you install of a network drive? i use my other computers dvd drive to install stuff inside windows xp could i do it that way on boot up?
Network drive, or a network?

Fisher said:
yeah i remember when i first used DOS, infact it was windows 3.1 and i had no computer knowledge what so ever and no internet to seek help from. using windows back then was not that user friendly so i had to play with things and work it out for myself. buggered up my mums computer so much and so often that she grounded me for 2 months once. the actual grounding was until i fixed it but i needed to go out and get help which she couldnt see until 2 months of me mopping around the house had passed.

I did the same as you when i first got a computer ,you tweak abit here and meddle a bit there,i must have kyboshed my computer loads of times at first but this is how you learn, im still learning things now 6 years on. its one of the reason i joined cf to get a better understanding of computers :)

blackjack said:
I did the same as you when i first got a computer ,you tweak abit here and meddle a bit there,i must have kyboshed my computer loads of times at first but this is how you learn, im still learning things now 6 years on. its one of the reason i joined cf to get a better understanding of computers :)

amen to that. i leant alot from here. i taught myself a lot aswell. like using my neighbours unsecure network to listen to her 4gb of shared music and to download stuff because my networks messed up at the min :D

Back
Top Bottom