Just installed Linux

freestyler105 said:
My printer never worked and neither did my wireless USB adapter, that was the biggest thing.
getting wireless to work with linux is a hassle. its not even worth it. windows works just fine for me. :)

I really just need the simple stuff with Linux. I plan on just dual booting Linux and Windows. Windows will be used for games, etc.

freestyler105 said:
My printer never worked and neither did my wireless USB adapter, that was the biggest thing.

yeah wireless stuff can be hard. But I never actually had to install any drivers, all mobo stuff works great with the default linux drivers, and so does the vid card. (since I'm not playing games)

Amen. All is held in the Network (eth0, eth1, etc) settings.
mammikoura said:
yeah wireless stuff can be hard. But I never actually had to install any drivers, all mobo stuff works great with the default linux drivers, and so does the vid card. (since I'm not playing games)
To install Linux Drivers, you usually click the hardware icon in the Taskbar. That's how I used to proceed.

Wireless on Linux is alot more easier that wireless on Windows, by FAR. I like Ubuntu as well, which version you running?

I usually have Windows on one partition, then Linux on another, because I always need some things in Windows, that you can't use in Linux, it's a shame Linux can't support more Windows apps.

Has anyone tried Lindows? I'm under the impression you can execute and install .exe files, and other Windows packages, but I haven't got round to using it yet..

Back
Top Bottom