cool

not 2 extra 1gb sticks to add to 2gb ram. just 2 gb sticks for 4gb.
here
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz - 2 x 2048MB [+$1,200 or $36/mo.]
1200 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
is this sumthin to go for?

No. 4 GB of RAM is completely overkill right now.

If you've got the money, spend it on something else, like a better graphics card / processor / something for real life, lol.

freestyler105 said:
No. 4 GB of RAM is completely overkill right now.

If you've got the money, spend it on something else, like a better graphics card / processor / something for real life, lol.
Yeah I agree, who needs 4 gb in a laptop!!

I imagine we will need 4GB of RAM someday, but by then there will probably be faster RAM anyways.

I know a few people who run 4gb of RAM, its extremely good if your running virtual networks etc for exam simulations:)

the only thing i can see utilizing all four gigs would be a server. like said above, its just over kill on everything else.

That, and even if i absolutly needed a 4 gb laptop and alienware was the only one that had it, i'd never get it. once dell bought them out their quaility and customer support went to crap.

Raffaz said:
I know a few people who run 4gb of RAM, its extremely good if your running virtual networks etc for exam simulations:)
yeah but that isnt home use although i know some people have a home network like 10pc's or something and they might need a server ,

also anyway who wants a gaming laptop to be honest , all the components are near together so more heat is generated and generally just never put the words gaming and laptop together , ,i mean it is prolly good for lan parties but then if you go to that many get a shuttle pc a much better investment in my eyes

Back
Top Bottom