BF2 problem

^
yes it is, they put a shitload of detail in each map.

well, lhuser my advice is too go into video options and put the screen size into 800x600 at the lowest refresh rate and put everything on its lowest setting.

Are you overclocking? It could be a memory error, since BF2 is anal about memory. It wouldn't hurt to repatch it, or at the most, reinstall.

reinstalling is always worth a try. And it does wonders if you have previously installed more than 1 patch. The patches have lots of problems, the safest way to do it is to download the latest full patch and use it.

Sounds like a memory leak, so its some sort of bug. Have a look in task manager and see what app is draining the memory, and then check for a solution at the manufacturers website.

lhuser said:
Well, this thing started out of nowhere.

Everytime I try to launch a game, wether it be on Single Player or Multi-player, it drains my entire memory and crashes. I have no clue why is it doing that. Is this why people recommends 2GB RAM?

Are you sure it "drains your entire memory" or is that just what you think? I would suggest overheating. Launching a game requires a lot to be done, and when so much is being done, it might be too much...

Haha! I've got 9 fans cooling, plus the CPU fan. The CPU, under load won't go as high as 45C, and that's a Prescott! :D
Ronco Rox said:
^
yes it is, they put a shitload of detail in each map.

well, lhuser my advice is too go into video options and put the screen size into 800x600 at the lowest refresh rate and put everything on its lowest setting.
I'll try to lower settings, but last time, it popped me up memory.dll allocation error. I'll look. Maybe I had too many processes.

Okay, the settings were at 800x600. I lowered the settings, and closed fome programs. Runs fine.

lhuser said:
Okay, the settings were at 800x600. I lowered the settings, and closed fome programs. Runs fine.

glad to here, now soon enough you will be getting pissed off at the game like the rest of us :D

Back
Top Bottom