Bought new gfx card.

Your 8800 will do great but its being bottlenecked even if you have a pentium D but its a huge improvement.

The thing is, of all the luck, when I got my computer with the Pentium D, it was only 1 month before the Core 2 Duo came on the scene. Thus, I really don't want to upgrade now, atleast not for a year or 2.

So far, I'm running San Andreas very well on high settings, but one issue. On Warcraft 3, with max settings and resolution, I still get some little spikes/pauses online when there are a lot of units or crap on the screen? Is this normal, as I expected such a card to eat this game for breakfast!

finalTrout said:
Better yet, save some money and don't get shitty ass crap ^_^.

AMD & ATI ftw.

(Heres how it works).

Intel for Documents/Imaging programs (Virtual Artists prefer Intel).

Amd for Gaming and Videos.

And ATI > Nvidia.

Dude you have your head up your ass.

(sry bout the lang.)

tomirlik said:
So far, I'm running San Andreas very well on high settings, but one issue. On Warcraft 3, with max settings and resolution, I still get some little spikes/pauses online when there are a lot of units or crap on the screen? Is this normal, as I expected such a card to eat this game for breakfast!

What power supply do you have those things need some power.

I only have a 400W (YES, I know that I need atleast 450-550W, but I'm waiting for it to burn out because of the gpu before I buy a new one).

Yeah, that might be the problem. The card won't perform to it's max unless it has enough power.

You can get a very good power supply that would be enough for that card for around $75 on newegg.

Yeap your not getting 100% power of your card. Whats the Amp rating I think these card require like 26. But I think GTS's need 400W.

Back
Top Bottom