Integrated video card

ace777

Fully Optimized
I have a 310S gateway that runs integrated grafs.I want to put in a card that recommends using 250 Watts of power and this one has 200 Watt. I have removed the modem to allow less strain on power box, but I would like to pull power of the integrated graphics card. Is there a cord I can pull that will do that and not hurt the computer?

No you cant. I would recommend getting another power supply. What video card are you getting?

you can disable your onboard grahpics card byright clicking "My Computer"->Hardware->Device Manager->Display Adapters->Double click on the video card->then click the scroll box at the bottom and click on "Do not use this device(Disable)

but once you get a graphics card it will automatically disable your onboard one. and if you disable the onboard one without having the new one plug in your resolution will automatically go to like safe mode resolution which i think is like 600x480???

i would seriously recommend getting a new psu though, i mean i understand budgets, trust me, but i would at least get a decent 300-350 just food for thought, i think you would notice major performance differences if you got more juice!

Are all power boxes universal? Or is there only a certain type of power box for each computer? If Its all universal I have another powerbox I can use.

for the most part yes they are, but it depends on your motherboard, if you could do this, count the number of pins on the big connector going to the motherboard (it will either be 20 or24) and see if there is another 4 pin that connects around the processor, once you figure that out ill show you some psu's you can get for it

I'm moderate with computers but I never messed with the power supplies.

Back
Top Bottom