Vista... to be or not to be?

that sounds strange to me my friend has aero running and hes using my old 5500 fx geforce card with no prob on a pentuim 4 with 2 gig of ram

Lol, instead of getting 2 gigs of RAM they should've got a decent graphics card. The FX-5500 is a terrible card.

i no but thats not the point
the point is it runs aero fine
and its worse then your card
pluse i gave it to him for ten bucks
me i got a 8800gtx on the way =)

buddy....listen

just cuz the 5500 has lower clock speeds or watever, doesnt mean it isnt newer. it has newer technology such as pixel shader 2 and all that jazz. my card doesnt

borat_sagdiyev said:
he got banned
thank god for that what an utter useless jerk
i was sick of reading him flaming random products all through the forums

cabbspapp said:
I'm not sure about versions other than Home Premium, but you will need 1 GB ram. My parents bought a PC with Vista (but already returned it) and it was really slow, even with an Athlon X2. Can't remember which one though. But there was a lot of hard drive activity.

yeah the computer prolly didnt have enough ram so it had to use the page file on the hard drive a lot more whichh in effectt slows the computer down to a crawl

On Friday I brought Vista Home Premium for my laptop which is an HP Pavilion V6174ea (see specs below) the laptop came with xp media center installed when I brought it in Januarary but vista seems to load up faster then XP did for me! I even have Aero turned on! Windows Update found all my drivers for me and most of my programs work fine some need updates but most run as good as XP or better.

Laptop Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 5500 (1.55ghz)
2GB Ram at 667
NVidia Geforce 7400 go 256mb memory (128 dedicated, 128 turbocache).
120GB Hard Drive.

Back
Top Bottom