Pop Up Notifications?

BGates14

In Runtime
I rebooted my computer today for a clean install cause I've been having some connection problems and it has been running fine but I got a blue screen while playing a game. The blue screen really wasn't a problem it's the second one I've gotten in about half of a year with the pc. Anyway, I start up the PC and everythings running fine and I get this pop up saying go to <insert website here> and download this file urgent your computer has just recovered from a serious problem and needs to have this regestry program to scan for whatever. I sat here waiting for one to give exact words but it's not coming up. Anyway I went to the site and began to download it just thinking it was what it said it was, then I get another same exact thing different wording and a different website and realize it was something I've seen before, but Nod32 didn't pick it up as a virus, what do I do to fix these?

delete whatever you downloaded and updat Nod32 and run a virus scan. if it doesnt pickup anything then go back into the game and try to stress your hardware. sometims the OS will just write something to the wrong sector in the RAM which will casue the BSOD. if it does come up again post what its says here

If you didn't install a lot of stuff, I would just reformat again. It wouldn't hurt to try other software like Ad-Aware and Avast.

I'll post two different ones now that its the morning and I have a bunch:

Messenger Server:
Message from SYSTEM to ALERT on 4/10/2007 5:15;36AM
STOP! WINDOWS REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.
Windows has found CRITICAL SYSTEM ERRORS.
To fix the errors please do the following:
1. Download Registry Cleaner from: www.sysdow.com
2. INstall Registry Cleaner.
3. Run Registry Cleaner.
4. Reboot your computer
FAILURE TO ACT NOW MAY LEAD TO DATA LOSS AND CORRUPTION

And number two:

Message from SECURITY MONITOR to WINDOWS USER on 4/10/2007 5:50:04 AM
Important Windows Security Bulletin
----------------------------------
Buffer Overrun in Messenger Service Allows Remote Code Execution,
Virus Infection and Unexpected Computer Shutdowns

Affected Software:

Microsoft NT Workstation
Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microosoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Win98
Microsoft Windows Server 2003

Non Affected Software:

Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition

Your system is affect, download the patch from the address below !
FIRST TYPE THE ADDRESS BELOW INTO YOUR INTERNET BROWSER, THEN CLIKC 'OK'.
THE ADDRESS WILL DISAPPEAR ONCE YOU CLICK 'OK'

www.patchupdate.info

Sounds like the messenger service to me, im guessing you havent installed SP2 yet or it would be disabled. Goto admin tools > services and disable the messenger service by right clicking it and going to properties.

Back
Top Bottom