Performance gain PCI FX5500 to AGP 7600GS?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
I was wondering how my performance gain will be when I go from my PCI Nividia FX5500 256MB video card to the AGP Nvidia 7600GS 256MB card which I just ordered.

Should it be a really noticable increase in performance?

Additional information: I don't game, but just want better performance surfing the web (rendering graphics intensive web pages), watching online video, webcaming, and minor video editing of home movies with something like nero.

i dont know if you will gain performance surfing the web but the time it taks to render objects will go down consderibly

yeah rendering should become a lot quicker but for general office tasks like surfing the web there will be no increase at all as they are not graphically intensive tasks and can be done to max potential on a integrated chip so increasing chip has no effect on theese tasks

depends what pages your looking perhaps?....the itunes movies page moves really slow and choppy for me when i use my scroll wheel up and down, and also when i scroll back and forth on the movie selections at the top of the page....this was considerably faster when i was just on another computer with same CPU as mine, and it only had 1 GB ram where i have 2GB..that computer has a pci-e card, and i got the pci one....same internet connection speed too.

hmm ok i dunno cos maybe the ram wasbetter than yours i frealy dunno i know i tunes is real weird software i only use it for my i pod

Let's just say the difference in performance will be like night and day. You will be very happy with the 7600GS. :D

thebigdintx said:
depends what pages your looking perhaps?....the itunes movies page moves really slow and choppy for me when i use my scroll wheel up and down, and also when i scroll back and forth on the movie selections at the top of the page....this was considerably faster when i was just on another computer with same CPU as mine, and it only had 1 GB ram where i have 2GB..that computer has a pci-e card, and i got the pci one....same internet connection speed too.

yes your right, believe it or not some cards cant surf the web good, if you scroll down on a page with tons of awesome animation and videos with a crappy card it will lag, if you have a nice card it wont, also i think as you said it has something to do with the ram and how many pictures it can load into the ram

Back
Top Bottom