Remote Desktop

freestyler105 said:
I use logmein at school for a proxy. Plus you can use AIM and such.

The coolest thing is installing logmein on school computers though, unblocked in most schools.

Logmein is awesome.

I don't think running it at school would work.

A) We can't download anything except web pages through IE.

B) The only program that is allowed web access AFAIK is IE. Firefox is installed on the computers for some reason, but it doesn't work. I've tried running AIM on the computers off a flash drive before, and it can't connect. I can't telnet to web pages either.

C) We have a program called DeepFreeze which, after you log off your user account, wipes the hard drive to a preset state. It may be possible to install something on the My Documents folder, or a flash drive though.

And besides that, when no one's using the computers, the teachers in the computer lab make sure the computers are off to conserve power.

Believe me, I've tried other programs **cough trojans cough** and they never worked. I would need to get admin privileges. The best way I've thought of is a hardware keylogger.

This is all theoretical of course ;)

hascet said:
The only time my compputer is on is when I get home from school, in the mornings and during the day its never on.

same, except now i have a laptop i can bring it with me to school but i dont use it much as im too busy not causing trouble :p

Some times I leave my extra computer on and access it at school through log mein, and can go on aim and everything, its pretty quick to, I can use photoshop too and its not that bad.

hmmm this logmein thing sounds good, but our network admin always watches our screens and its pretty hard to do stuff.

freestyler105 said:
Logmein is awesome.

A) We can't download anything except web pages through IE.

B) The only program that is allowed web access AFAIK is IE. Firefox is installed on the computers for some reason, but it doesn't work. I've tried running AIM on the computers off a flash drive before, and it can't connect. I can't telnet to web pages either.

C) We have a program called DeepFreeze which, after you log off your user account, wipes the hard drive to a preset state. It may be possible to install something on the My Documents folder, or a flash drive though.

A) Logmein uses standard web communication, making it nearly impossible to blockoff (except blocking logmein server)

B) You're network simply uses a proxy server, should be easy to find so you can use firefox (Packet sniffer anyone? [Some sniffers do not need admin rights])

C) Yeah this kinda screws you over, never really played with deep freeze much however.

Getting admin into windows computers isnt hard at all as well. Live CD's work great, and if boot is disabled just reset cmos. If the cases are locked, the killcmos.c will pretty easily kill most cmos's. However if you have a locked IBM computer with the security chip enabled, good luck getting it to boot from a CD.

If you're daring enough, computer locks can be solved with a 1/4" drill

True about the proxy. I've got Ethereal, could give that a try.

I've tried a Live CD before, but it was pretty much useless. It takes 5 minutes to boot up, and if a teacher see it in that time, you're screwed. And the interface is so much different from Windows that a teacher will recognize something different.

The time I did have enough time with a computer to boot into Linux, I didn't know the proxy, making it useless.

Also, isn't it possible for them to password protect the proxy?

freestyler105 said:
True about the proxy. I've got Ethereal, could give that a try.

I've tried a Live CD before, but it was pretty much useless. It takes 5 minutes to boot up, and if a teacher see it in that time, you're screwed. And the interface is so much different from Windows that a teacher will recognize something different.

The time I did have enough time with a computer to boot into Linux, I didn't know the proxy, making it useless.

Also, isn't it possible for them to password protect the proxy?

For the live CD, you could use BartPE to build a windows bootable CD and even throw your school background and everything in.

And for password protecting the proxy, yes possible. Most places won't, however if they do you can likely use your username and password for the domain.

If it's a different username and password, it's likely stored on the PC and you will be able to find it.

dude_se said:
hmmm this logmein thing sounds good, but our network admin always watches our screens and its pretty hard to do stuff.
haha my computer teacher always watches what we do on the computers. i like writing him notes in word. lol

As for watching us, some of the computers (only in one lab) have a program called Vision where the teacher's computer can see all of the student's desktops. It's really annoying, I actually have to do work in that class, haha.

If there was a password, what would I need to find it?? Do you think Cain and Abel would do the trick??

Back
Top Bottom