Car Thread!

mark thorpe said:
that is a very nice motor :)

lets home this lasts longer than the merc ;) lol..

Lol o no kidding!

NeXuS said:
Nice! Your car is screaming for a tint! Stealth y0!

I planned on it, then I decided I rather have a sub.

hascet said:
Nice ride!, you should put a sweet body kit on there lol!!!

Lol exhaust will be my first mod. Right now its just got some reordered pipes, I want a full exhaust system..

G35x said:
honda is begging for some tints ahha..nice car

Sometime. Maybe summer. I'm happy with how it looks though.

Just make sure when you do get the exhaust upgrade, you get it done right. If it sounds wrong, people will be making fun of you for life with the ricey sound. I persoanlly hate those fart can noises or high pitch whine. You're looking for that low growl. I don't know how good your Si will perform with a header, and the rest of the exhaust upgrade. It uses a lot of back pressure to get that car going, unless you use FI. I really like those complete Flowmaster cat-backs with a glass pack added in there for that extra tone. It's deep and throaty. Then an intake is easy to install if you want the car to breathe better, but I don't know how much that will affect your performance since everything goes through the MAF to the ECU. Getting an ECU upgrade is another good investment performance wise.

Hey TRD, you mind posting some of the best is250 from the forums your on..Would love to see them!

Here's the direct link to the Lexus forum I belong to. It's the photo gallery, but there aren't a whole lot of IS pictures in there. They're mainly the GS, ES, and the hot LS. I can post more picts of my IS later on. Right now, I'm dead sick with a bad cold to even go out today.

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/

I drove the crap out of it the other day. Man, it was exhilerating. The sport shift hauls ass big time. Redline through every single gear until you reach the 6th one. I pretty much smoked everyone, lol.

Yesterday as I did my dry cleaning at a local place, I parked right next to this hot G35 sports coupe. These two stupid guys were taking pictures of it with their cell phone camera. Then when I went inside to pick up my shirts and came out, they were all over my car taking pictures!!!! I told, "What's up?" and they're like, damn we just like your car. I'm kind of suspicous with these two idiots because they probably got my license plate number too. If they're professional car boosters, then I'm screwed. But that's if they can hack into DMV computers to get down my info. (I'm being too paranoid now).

I need to get one of those tinted plate covers so when people do take a snapshot, it would blur it out.

As much as I like the car, the rear leg room is super cramped. Not recommended for a family sedan. It's more of a two seater than 4 even though it has 4 doors. THe trunk space is not all it's cracked up to be. Smaller than my Corolla, lol. THat is just sad. But overall, the front is spacious (that's all that matter, hehe) and it's got power on demand. There's a switch I can press that will give me more power. I think it's the VDIM control that helps with traction and stability. There's a power mode that comes in handy when I need it. The rear isn't much to look at but the front end is just too sexy. The L-finesse styling by Lexus is truly one of their best designs ever.

Get this, Mercedes doesn't have an oil change service. They combine it with these maintenance service which costs on average $120!!!!! Basically it's $120 for an oil change if you look at it that way. Plus all parts are imported from Germany so you can imagine the cost there. Very high cost to own a Mercedes, but they sure do have excellent snack bars at the dealership. I had to get a loaner car there so I drove the crap out of one of their Mercedes.

Just so you know guys...
I don't know how the Hondas respond to mods but on the Focus it is generally a bad thing to have backpressure. I've seen a bunch of dynos comparing SVT's with just about the exact same mods with and without cats :)eek: yeah I know...) and the dynos for the ones without cats are consistently higher throughout the entire powerband, both HP and TQ. What you're looking for is exhaust velocity, the higher the better. If I were a Honda owner looking for speed I'd work on the high PRM HP cause that's all you will get out of those things, anyway. Unless you want a supercharger or turbo. But that's another story, and about 5 grand.

If you get a body kit, get something that looks decent. I think it looks really good as it is right now though.

I don't think ill ever get a body kit.

Maybe when i'm out of highschool. But till then, i'm not dumping that much money into the visuals. Just sound :cool:

Back
Top Bottom