Napster the scammers

borat_sagdiyev said:
wait....20 pounds is around 40 bucks, so you guys are paying 40 bucks for a cd? what the fuck

we only pay like 14 and we are in canada
Ive never paid £20 for a CD in the UK, they must have seen Mark coming lol:)

yeah it is usually £10 in the uk unless you go to hmv where they can charge up to £20 but screw that i would just download it

Only time i ever use HMV is when they have a sale on and i wanna get a load cheap:)

Raffaz said:
Only time i ever use HMV is when they have a sale on and i wanna get a load cheap:)
the only time i ever use hmv is when i get given a gift voucher , i either donload it from p2p or get it at the supermarket

mark thorpe said:
yep totally agree.. cd's cost no more and 20p to burn.. yet they sell them for up to £20

that would be a £19.80 profit on EVERY CD. now, i know they have to take recording into account, but it is ludacrous..

the music industry is taking the piss, and the sad thing is the artists see diddily squat of that money, its the record companies who get minted..

They are normally 10 pounds. £1.75 is VAT leaving 8.25. Lets say they are bough by the music store for £4 which leaves a difference of £4.25. After that, the store probably sees £1-2 profit after operatin costs, staff wages etc. ~£1 of the original £4 would go to the artist and the record lable would probably see 1-2 after operating costs.

I normally buy from amazon but when there is only 1 song I want, instead of buying the album I've used napster simply because its alot easier but now they have 'locked' my downloads!

David Lindon said:
They are normally 10 pounds. £1.75 is VAT leaving 8.25. Lets say they are bough by the music store for £4 which leaves a difference of £4.25. After that, the store probably sees £1-2 profit after operatin costs, staff wages etc. ~£1 of the original £4 would go to the artist and the record lable would probably see 1-2 after operating costs.

I normally buy from amazon but when there is only 1 song I want, instead of buying the album I've used napster simply because its alot easier but now they have 'locked' my downloads!

Alot less than that goes to the artist. Studio's and record labels / distributors are where most of the money from CD sales goes

I pay like $2.00 for songs sometime through Verizon VCAST on my cell phone :p. But that sucks how your songs are gone. I would be writing emails to them, calling customer service if possible to complain. If you didn't spend that much in the first place, I would probably just let it go and never go through them again.

Back
Top Bottom