video glitchy in vista

Well im getting more ram, and maybe a new video card sometime will that help?

Microsoft reccomends 1ghz processor (I have 1.5ghz) 1gb ram (after upgrade I will have 1.25GB) and 40gb hard disk space (I have 120gb) and a gpu with difectx9 and pixel shader so I don't see why things shouldnt work

256 mb ram, honostly will not make a big improvement. I would recommend in investing in another gig if you can.

i was actually thinking about 512 because right now I can't afford 1gig but sometime down the road when I have more money I will get another 512 and take the 256 I have now out.

mikee286 said:
Well im getting more ram, and maybe a new video card sometime will that help?
A video card WILL help a lot. You FX5500 is a little too slow for it.

mikee286 said:
is there anything I can upgrade to make this stop, It more than meets the minimum to run it processor wise.
um yea, but in xp not vista. with vista theres less free processor space then with xp. besides the fact thats its a very low end processor, u should probably upgrade the processor or find a different program.

edit: is it dvd, or r u downloading it from the internet? = dialup

They are movies that are saved on the computer.

I don't want to give up vista because it's faster than xp for just about everything except videos.

edit: what would be a good cheap video card for this computer?

mikee286 said:
i was actually thinking about 512 because right now I can't afford 1gig but sometime down the road when I have more money I will get another 512 and take the 256 I have now out.
If you really think about buying one now and then another one later, you will only be paying more in the end. Like I said, you can probably hold off for a little while till you get enough saved to upgrade to the one gig. As I said earlier, 256 will hardly make a difference. 512 will only do a little bit more.

Back
Top Bottom