I need tons of help!!!

hascet

Fully Optimized
I have a website that is hosted by 1and1 through the Microsoft beginner package. I'de like to add a neat forum with custom avatars, signatures, custom titles, and all that good stuff!:D But, I have no clue what I'm doing I know how to access my site through ftp and add html pages other than that I'm lost lol. I tried to upload myBB to my site once and it didn't work. So, is there anyone that could help me out a lot by walking me through the steps to get a forum set up on my site?

Thanks in advance:)

ok if you want a good forum system you want v bulletin it costs though , there is my bb but i havent used that , v bulletin is easy to use maintain and setup and oh and it is easy for mods

How much does it cost?

edit--> Oh my god lol!!! thats expensive I just checked the site dang lol I'll stick with myBB

WEll, I just figured out I needed Linux hosting because the Microsoft hosting didn't come with MySQL but Linux hostin gdid so I changed it. ANd now I wait till they can process it :) I can't wait to have a sweet forum up!!!

sry for the triple post but, they changed my server over to linux really fast :D and well every time I try to edit the CHMOD in Smart FTP v2.5 I get this error: 500 'SITE CHMOD 666 config.php': command not understood

Hmm - Well, for some reason, my old website host (fasthost's) WOULDNT ALLOW FILE'S TO BE CHMOD'ED! Might be the same for 1&1, I dunno!

Well, everything is workin gnow, except registration for new users which I'm about to make a new thread about since its completely off topic :D

Well by the way your forum looks MyBB SUCKS!!!! :eek:
phpBB is way better but i'm going to use PHPnuke on mine. If you want v8 of it I could help you out.

Back
Top Bottom