What do you consider your hero(s)

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Well, the title explains it all. What defines a hero to you? It doesn't matter what it is, it could be Batman, or a police officer, or some joe-shmo on the street. Just kinda curious to see what you guys think.

Since this is a look at personal values, i do ask for everyones sake taht you do not tell some-one that their hero is not a true hero. Maybe, just maybe, that person/thing did something to help them in a time of need.

I will post mine later, once i see a few posts on here. However, if you know me well enough, you'll be able to figure it out.

- My dad.

- One of my friends that is older than me. He's not really a hero, but a role model. His dad died of cancer his Junior year in high school. He has diabetes, and multiple times a day has to take a blood sugar test by pricking himself with a needle. He's now a freshman at North Carolina State on a full scholarship for swimming. His mom never could have paid for college for him, but he worked hard enough at swimming to make it. He really should not even be swimming because of a combination of his diabetes and asthma.

In a few weeks, he's going to the Nationals swim meet. Also known as Olympic Trials.

who said that role-modles couldn't be heros? i personally think that that is a good example of one. Tell him good luck at nationals.

Thanks, I will. Not only all that, but he's a cool guy. One of those people who's friends with everyone.

Hey, I got diabetes too, lots of fun, lol. But I can use it for excuses in class and whatnot, lol.

Superman for me, lol, no not really. Maybe my grandfather is a rolemodel, but idk.

I'm just going to say that everyone who does crazy things to help someone else. And that includes everyone from soldiers who risk their lives to save a friend to celebrities who donate millions of dollars to charity.

Well, it seems like time for me to say mine. I have two heros. In a way they are one in the same.

my first hero is my uncle. He put his life on the line for me, the rest of the US, and the "rest of the free world" when he was sent off to Iraq. Never thought i would say it, but i was glad he got sick, because that made him miss a day of convoy duty that his truck got hit by an RPG. It was nice to see the pictures of his company, and him, giving out chocolate to little school kids and playing catch with them.

My second hero set, would be all the soldiers who have never returned. They have made the ultimate sacrafice so i could sit here and type to you guys. This does not exclude the fallen from our allied contries. While we may not always agree with why were are in the fight, the fact that they are there, doing their job, and dieing for us deservs our respect.

^^ I don't want to turn this into a flame war, but why do you say all the soldiers are there to save your ass? (and you as in the population of USA)
Iraq never did anything to you, nor was it planning to do anything.

Id say Boy George, not for the fact hes gay, but for his wittiness and the fact that hes doesn't give a shit what people think of him. I totally admire him for that.

Back
Top Bottom