Dual channel Ram?

superman22x

Golden Master
My mobo has 4 slots for ram, 2 purple and 2 orange. Should I put 1gb stick in each color or both in the same color for dual channel?

It depends on the mobo I think, it's best to just try both ways, and see what the POST says....mine has 2 one colour and 2 another, and mine are both next to each other...But I know a mate who puts one in one colour and the other in the other colour....Just try it and watch the post for anything about running in Dual Channel

Matt

it usually one in every other one, because the slots (from the socket to the edge of the mobo) usually go A1,A2,B1,B2, where the letter is the the channel, and the number is the socket number. you want one stick in each channel, in the same socket.

when your comp boots to windows, run cpuz. it will tell you single or dual channel (easier than bios, which often varies)

2047mbs running in single channel. Have to change it than, how much faster do you think it will be in dual channel? A lot or just a lil?

depends really on the ram, and what you do. If its decent quality RAM, and your doing some higher-end gamming, it should be relitivly noticable (maybe 5 frames per-second). If you just doing word processing, then odds are you won't see a difference.

Back
Top Bottom