just got rid of a bad bug

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
So I just ran ad-aware. It detected a copy of elite key logger running on my computer (with a TAC rating of 8). I managed to get rid of it, but I still am unaware as to how I could have gotten it. Any ideas?

If you've downloaded any cracks or other illegal software it very well may have came from them. Also if you visit lots of sites where those things are prone to lurk, it could have come from those places as well.

hmmm... do you know if they really use the info that they get?

edit- I mean the most they could do with the key logs would be to steal my spare e-mail account (used for spam prone sites), I don't do any banking on my comp, or have any credit card data, or stuff like that.

wood_workur said:
hmmm... do you know if they really use the info that they get?

edit- I mean the most they could do with the key logs would be to steal my spare e-mail account (used for spam prone sites), I don't do any banking on my comp, or have any credit card data, or stuff like that.

I believe keyloggers are used to track keystrokes at banking sites, and other information such as social security numbers or credit card numbers. If you don't have any valuable information such as those things, then you probably don't need to worry too much but I wouldn't let those things in your PC if you have control over it.

troy272 said:
I believe keyloggers are used to track keystrokes at banking sites, and other information such as social security numbers or credit card numbers. If you don't have any valuable information such as those things, then you probably don't need to worry too much but I wouldn't let those things in your PC if you have control over it.

yeah...i dont think that was the one i saw on tv though...haha i hate when i can't find what i'm looking for :(

it was only about a 30 second clip on the news but it said that there was supposed to be some big wireless network hack/virus threat today...but i can't find any article on the web so i dont know lol

I don't think IE would make too much of a difference. He could have gotten it through any filesharing program too.

cabbspapp said:
I don't think IE would make too much of a difference. He could have gotten it through any filesharing program too.

I'm referring to the new bug that got mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom