Stalker PC game

Anubis1980

Daemon Poster
Ok whats the story with this game lol, been playing it for a few hours today, seem to have progressed a bit, but i can honestly say i have nooo idea what im doing lol. I mean whats the story to it, i know the idea behind it, ie second nuclear explosion etc i just mean what u sposed to do in it lol. Also how does it run on ur pc? its a beast of a game and to be honest i dont think it justifies the high end specs required, graphic wise. It looks like it might be fun but im just really confused ;)

Waits for all the, oh its obvious what its about posts hee hee.

Runs like crap on my pc (6800GS, 2x 512 dual channel, AMD 3400+ 939)

Just go thru and complete all the major missions (jobs you get from the cordon trader, barkeeper or yantar scientist)

runs fine. (6800GT, 2gb of ram, p4 3.0ghz)
Overall it's quite a nice game. Though it could be a little more realistic, I don't mean remove weird monster thingys I mean that the weapons should be more accurate and do more damage etc. (yes, I know there are mods for this) But it's nothing that awesome, a single player fps game doesn't really keep me playing for that long. And I heard the multiplayer kind of sucks too. :p

Doesnt run as fast as i'd like on mine either, ridiculous!

One thing that confuses me tho, it says load new level when i get to a certain point, now what if i havent done the side quests in the previous levels can i go back and do them later? when ive finished the main quest.

Anubis1980 said:
Doesnt run as fast as i'd like on mine either, ridiculous!

One thing that confuses me tho, it says load new level when i get to a certain point, now what if i havent done the side quests in the previous levels can i go back and do them later? when ive finished the main quest.

Yes until you reach Chernobyl you can go back and do anything.

ah thanx for clearing that up :) i must be thick lol i find it a weird game, will i know b4 i get to chernobyl i mean am i given plenty of warning so i can go back and do the quests lol.

I've heard its not very good because of all the weird monsters etc, I haven't had chance to have a go myself but it does sound a bit weird

Been playing on it today between furious hours of packing lol, and i have to say it does get a bit better but i have no idea whats going on still lol. I get the gist of it, but its a bit,. almost boring in a way, no in depth story. On a better note tho i found some tweaked nvidia drivers (tried before but not stable these seem to be updated so time will tell) that give me an extra 15fps to 40fps more in the game!! crazy lol and thats with everything maxed.

Back
Top Bottom