This is the dell I want what do you think?

@ that picture: Haha!

I don't understand why people hate Dell so much either. Several of my friends have them and they are okay. I prefer Toshiba, but custom builts are the best.

borat_sagdiyev said:
dell and their cheap foxconn motherboards....

Not really. Foxconn is one of the biggest motherboard manufacturers in the world. Apple uses Foxconn for almost every single product they use, from Macs to iPods. ;) Even the Apple TV uses a Foxconn manufactured PCB. In terms of OEM motherboards, Foxconn is #1. Almost every company uses their motherboards, from Dell to HP to IBM/Lenovo to Apple.

I don't get what's with all the hate around here. Dell is gotten A LOT better. They're desktops used to be pure crap, but now they're actually pretty competitive for the price. Their Inspiron laptops are very nice too. Sure, anyone can tease about the battery problem, but do keep in mind that it was Sony's fault, not Dell. As for monitors, no one can refute the fact that they make some of the best monitors in the market, hands down.

I say go for it im getting an XPS due to the reason I want no building problems and its not my money its my parents, I havent build one from scratch; but I upgraded the current comp I have. When I have the money ill mess arround building one but, not now since this one is going on my room. The only thing I am hating from dell so far I cant feaking overclock my processor dang and core duos overclock like hell on stock cooler.

alvino said:
Not really. Foxconn is one of the biggest motherboard manufacturers in the world. Apple uses Foxconn for almost every single product they use, from Macs to iPods. ;) Even the Apple TV uses a Foxconn manufactured PCB. In terms of OEM motherboards, Foxconn is #1. Almost every company uses their motherboards, from Dell to HP to IBM/Lenovo to Apple.

I don't get what's with all the hate around here. Dell is gotten A LOT better. They're desktops used to be pure crap, but now they're actually pretty competitive for the price. Their Inspiron laptops are very nice too. Sure, anyone can tease about the battery problem, but do keep in mind that it was Sony's fault, not Dell. As for monitors, no one can refute the fact that they make some of the best monitors in the market, hands down.
What does Toshiba use?

dude_se said:
theres reasons why we hate them. i personally see them as a low quality brand and ive heard upgrading them can be a pain

You're right and upgrading them is a pain. I put an extra 1GB of RAM in about a year ago and right after I did that none of the USB ports would work when windows loaded. It recognized the RAM but my mouse and keyboard wouldn't work under windows. I had to reformat the hard drive just to be able to use my RAM. I wasn't happy and I didn't want to take the RAM back to the store or call dell's "tech support" so I just dealt with it. Also I hate how they use proprietary parts in their systems, I think it makes them low quality and a pain to work with.

ok, for the past week, i have a dell dimension 2400 in my house. its not brand new, its used, but needless to say, ive had the worst time ever with this computer. i got it free BTW

it fried a hard drive for me, has the weirdest case, the cd drive got jammed, and the case is made of the cheapest type of plastic i've ever seen.

borat_sagdiyev said:
ok, for the past week, i have a dell dimension 2400 in my house. its not brand new, its used, but needless to say, ive had the worst time ever with this computer. i got it free BTW

it fried a hard drive for me, has the weirdest case, the cd drive got jammed, and the case is made of the cheapest type of plastic i've ever seen.
ok but just cause that is your experience with a dell dosent mean every dell is going to be like that maybe that is the reason you got it free

My 1999 600Mhz Dell ran perfectly well for 7 years. Apart from one dodgy DVD drive replaced for free in 2000, and the HDD which I accidentally fried in 2005 by connecting it to another machine, trouble free.

Win 98 SE even ran perfectly for 7 years as well.

muz379 said:
ok but just cause that is your experience with a dell dosent mean every dell is going to be like that maybe that is the reason you got it free
nah i got it free because my friends dad's work was getting new computers so they gave away the old ones :)

Dells never really was a problem. It's just that the case and board can't be really used for new stuff. But I guess that don't matter.

Foxconn boards are like ASUS. They're really good. I own a G1, with a PII 400MHZ, and I'm going to use a Celeron 1.4GHZ in it. A user did this to his G1 and it said 1.4GHZ. They're really good.

OS part with XP...that's a little different. Their stuff just takes space for nothing, but the PC performs well. If they dont, that's because the users can't do a maintenance in them, either because they don't know that dust exists and that they think that it's their native speeds.

Back
Top Bottom