Web Server on XP Home

Vandiyan

In Runtime
I am wanting to try and run a small web server but only have XP home to work with. I have been reading up on it and since Home doesn't come with IIS like Pro does it doesn't seem like I would be able to. Anyone know of a way, if possible that I would be able to do this? Thanks.

Thank you very much.

Quick question. I am wanting to run the server on the same PC I use on a daily basis. Will I see any lag issues when playing games or anything like that. I don't forsee any traffic at all for the most part. Will just be using the server to mainly post combat parses from my EQ2 raids. Thanks.

Vandiyan said:
Thank you very much.

Quick question. I am wanting to run the server on the same PC I use on a daily basis. Will I see any lag issues when playing games or anything like that. I don't forsee any traffic at all for the most part. Will just be using the server to mainly post combat parses from my EQ2 raids. Thanks.
well from looking at ur specs in your sig, i dont think it will lag unless maybe your playing an online game (only if you have a lot of people connected to the server).

Well I would be playing online but there wouldn't be but maybe 5-10 people checking out the site.

Back
Top Bottom