Windows Repair Problem..

AOD

In Runtime
Okay so I was having some problems with my windows so I decided to do a repair and see if that fixed it. I boot from the cd go to install>repair and then it copies files reboots and starts the rest of the installation. This is where it went down hill. It just hanged at Time remaining 39 minutes for about 10 mins, then it started installing devices and once it got about half way I got a blue screen of death and it rebooted so I couldn't even see the error. I tried it a couple of times, I had Linux in dual boot and was using the linux boot loader so I wrote a new mbr, didn't make a difference. Now when I try to repair when the computer restarts to finish installation it just gives me a blank screen with the cursor.. Any help appreiciated, really don't wanna reformat cause I got a couple of programs that I don't have the CD for anymore. X.x
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wrote new boot sector and mbr to no avail.
Chkdsk found some errors, running it with /r at the moment.
Could deleting the Linux partition then creating new boot and mbr make any dif?
Tried startup floppy discs, didn't help.
I get to the windows loading screen after that screen just goes blank and I have a cursor to amuse my self with.. ><

Can you use the Linux partition to back up your files on the other partition, then just do a clean install?

Could but I have some programs that I don't have the cd for so if I do i'll lose them.. ><

Hows the memory in that thing? You can sometimes get hangups and errors like that wehn you have a bad stick. A good way to test it is with Memtest86+. There are versions for either a bootable CD or floppy.

Well, I never had any problems with it so far. Performed a repair with it before. But I'll give it a try thanks. I'm gonna delete my linux partition and make a new mbr see if that changes anything.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Got 1 pass so far on memtest, I don't know why but everytime I run chkdsk it says theres an error. I ran it with the fix argument but then when I restarted and ran it again it found an error. X.x I think it's probably something to do with the linux partition but I could be wrong. If I can't solve it by the end of the day I'll go buy an external hd and copy everything I need. Hopefully I don't have to though, don't wanna have to go get the CD's for some stuff of people again. X.x
Memory seems fine, in the proccess of deleting linux partition atm.
Deleting linux partition did nothing.. Looks like I'm gonna have to reformat. Gonna take me like 2 days straight to get everything how I like it again. XD
If no one has any ideas before monday I'll reformat. Gonna have to copy about 100gb files, gotta go buy me a external hd.
After thinking about it I really don't want to reformat, I have so many little tweaks, so many programs and stuff that re-installing and re-setting everything is one hell of a task LoL.
ANY HELP WHAT SO EVER IS APPREICIATED!!
SYSTEM SETUP & WHAT I DONE SO FAR:
-Started with Back|Track(Linux distro) and Windows XP in dual boot.
-Using lilo the Back|Track boot loader to load.(Lilo wrote to mbr)
Problem:
Did a Windows XP Repair from install disc (original release).
After first stage of installion computer rebooted.
Started up second stage of installation after reboot.
Stalled at 39 minutes left for about 10 mins.
Started 'Installing Devices' got about half way and then crashed.
Came up with BSOD then instantly rebooted.
Tried mutiple times.
What I tried:
Deleting Linux partition.
Creating new boot sector and mbr.
CHKDSK (Comes up with error found everytime.. could be problem here)
Memory test (Memory fine)

Aint got any more ideas... /rage (WoW big post LoL)

Different section, kinda need this quickly and other section had less viewers.

Not really, :( Already had tried most of what it said. That is to do with a different problem I think, it says that it only is to do with a problem before the windows loading screen. But my windows loading screen comes up and then after that it just goes blank on me.

if you can get to the windows loding screen have you tried going into safemode and selecting last known working configueration ,i dont know whether it will work afer windows reinstall

Back
Top Bottom