Need help deciding on AMD or Intel PC

MattieDaShark83 said:
No offense or anything I understand your point. But lets say he waits for the new series to come out and the new GPU's. When he finally gets it there is going to be another series of faster CPU's & GPU's comming out in a few months. There is always going to be something better comming out thus lowering whatever is the top of the line now down a little bit.

Buying a custom PC is like buying a new car as soon as you get it home its lost 25% of its value!
yeah i agree with that , after the new series of core 2 duo's come out ther will be a new series to be coming out a few months after that , or amd will be bringing out something to realy rival the C2d so i wouldnt wait cos you could end up waiting for like a year or something , what you have there ccomputer number 2 is excellent , of course there will be something better coming out in 4 months or whatever but that will always happen with technology the rate it is moving at

muz379 said:
yeah i agree with that , after the new series of core 2 duo's come out ther will be a new series to be coming out a few months after that , or amd will be bringing out something to realy rival the C2d so i wouldnt wait cos you could end up waiting for like a year or something , what you have there ccomputer number 2 is excellent , of course there will be something better coming out in 4 months or whatever but that will always happen with technology the rate it is moving at

Ya anybody buying ultra high end components should know they are only going to be ultra high end for a short time. I could only see buying a setup like that if you have money to burn on a computer. You should really design your computer to at least be able to run programs of the near future. I can't afford to buy a new computer every year so normally i'll make a solid build that will last a while then build a new one when it starts to get a bit dated. Although since I went with custom build this time I'll be able to just upgrade it unless intel comes out with a new sockett type.

MattieDaShark83 said:
Ya anybody buying ultra high end components should know they are only going to be ultra high end for a short time. I could only see buying a setup like that if you have money to burn on a computer. You should really design your computer to at least be able to run programs of the near future. I can't afford to buy a new computer every year so normally i'll make a solid build that will last a while then build a new one when it starts to get a bit dated. Although since I went with custom build this time I'll be able to just upgrade it unless intel comes out with a new sockett type.
yeah if i was going to custum build i would buy a mobo that i knew was good for upgradability

Back
Top Bottom