Vista BSOD & Other Problems

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
Whenever I insert a CD, mostly games, as it is getting ready to load the autorun (setup) screen, I get a BSOD most of the time. The BSOD comes up, saying there's a problem somewhere, it doesn't last long but from what I can read (didn't have much time) it mentions something about if it's the first time don't worry, if not then it could be a software or hardware problem. It appears whenever I insert Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, The Sims 2, anything that is a game really. Quickly after flashing itself, the computer restarts and usually if I put the CD in then, it will work...

Until... whenever anything is trying to install; you know the Installshield Wizard is loading or whatever, it usually just freezes there and I can't use CTRL + ALT + DEL or anything, so I have to take out the laptop power cord and the battery to cut the power to my laptop.

What's wrong? I really can't stand not being able to play anything on Vista. Other people have got these games working.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-VA3 laptop, 1GB of RAM, 256(I think, maybe a bit lower) graphics accelerator or something like that video, with a 70GB hard drive.

I was also wondering if this could be a problem with my optical drive. It is a DVD burner, MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device according to Windows. Strange... also in My Computer, properties, hardware I see VOBID InstantDrive CD SCSI Cdrom device... which is which?

Thirdly, whenever I right-click on anything in Computer (my computer), it gives me a runtime error; see screenshot attached; but after I click okay it will continue to show the menu where I can view properties, etc.

2277d1175879598vistabsowa2.jpg

I can't really tell much for the BSOD, as there's no description of it.

As far for your DVD drive, make sure that the drive is well connected in the DVD slot. Reseat it.

If that's the model though, try uninstalling then reinstalling he drivers. It could be corrupted.

Some googleing reveled that that is often caues by the regional setting and stuff, epically for Candians. (no joke.) you will want to change your location (under regional settings) to English(United States), and make sure you date is set to M/dd/yy with the/ as the separator.

But that problem fix that you suggested wood workur is for the runtime error, but not the BSOD. And after doing that, I still get the error.

Back
Top Bottom