ok all i need is a
video card
PSU
Motherboard
CPU
RAM
CPU Cooler

i live in the USA if that helps too
do you have any specific games you want to play? $500 is not gunna get you the newest games to run smoothly.

company of heros i want to try im not going to be playing Oblivion or Far Cry and ill play Unreal Tournament 2007 when it comes out. ive been playing games at 20-30 FPS all my life so even if i want to play heavy games the lag wont kill me

rudster816 said:
ok all i need is a
video card
Motherboard
CPU
RAM

i live in the USA if that helps too
buy a crap computer, like a $250 dell, then buy some used ram and a used video card. overclock the cpu, if u know how to do it. otherwise get someone who has done it to do it for u. then spend the rest on games. i have a computer like this, it was a $300 dell dimension 2350 i put in a cheap ATi radeon 9200 and upgraded to 1 gig ram and another hard drive. i dont use it for gaming, but one time when the comp i am on now broke down, i used it for playing counter-strike source. workd perfectly no lags

edit: upgrade to at least 160gb hard drive. u will need it to install games.

juiceranch said:
buy a crap computer, like a $250 dell, then buy some used ram and a used video card. overclock the cpu, if u know how to do it. otherwise get someone who has done it to do it for u. then spend the rest on games. i have a computer like this, it was a $300 dell dimension 2350 i put in a cheap ATi radeon 9200 and upgraded to 1 gig ram. i dont use it for gaming, but one time when the comp i am on now broke down, i used it for playing counter-strike source. workd perfectly no lags

all that is good advise, however, unless something has changed, you are locked out from overclocking a dell's cpu. at least i know i can't on this dimension 3000 i have...i wanted to do it a while back and found out you can't.

thebigdintx said:
all that is good advise, however, unless something has changed, you are locked out from overclocking a dell's cpu. at least i know i can't on this dimension 3000 i have...i wanted to do it a while back and found out you can't.
oh yeah i didnt think about that. someone told me that lol not only 3000 its all dells. thats why dell sucks.

this is what you should do for sure

core 2 duo e6300 $180
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115005

asrock motherboard core2duo support other goodies $80
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157096

kingston 2x1gb ddr677 $110
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134046

XFX 7600gt pcix16 $130 (great clock speeds etc.)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150182

total: $490
there you go!

thank you firefox for tabbed browsing...and that thing should be a great system!

also you can max out oblivion and other stuff that you play with this thing no matter what man...well maybe slightly under max on some games but very close...the 2gb of ram will keep your lag away..the video card is amazingly fast and just lovable....and the processor is amazing. and can take on ne game out right now with ease...so yeh you should be off great man!

you might want to take someone else's opinion on the motherboard though...maybe get one worth around $100....im not that good at looking at motherboards so somebody find him a good one :)

what xiggy posted is really good for the money. If you could spend a little more, I would get a motherboard that supports ddr2-800 ram, and ddr2-800 ram

Xiggy's build looks great for $500. I have one suggestion though. Instead of the 7600GT, if you can stand waiting for a larger rebate, you should grab an X1950GT. It's basically an underclocked X1950PRO, so it overclocks like no other; you're almost guaranteed to get X1950PRO speeds. Even at stock speeds, it's a bit better than the 7600GT.

Just a suggestion. :D

THEpiGUY said:
Xiggy's build looks great for $500. I have one suggestion though. Instead of the 7600GT, if you can stand waiting for a larger rebate, you should grab an X1950GT. It's basically an underclocked X1950PRO, so it overclocks like no other; you're almost guaranteed to get X1950PRO speeds. Even at stock speeds, it's a bit better than the 7600GT.

Just a suggestion. :D

ya i agree 100%, not only will it overclock to hell and back, but ATI cards are very easy to overclock and keep an eye on

Back
Top Bottom