They've been released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but at the moment my total posts are 6666, *shudder* is this the sign of the beast +1???, I'm glad that this one is the 6667th! lol. :eek:

Steff said:
didnt it say on the news it was a gift from iran their realise LOLOLOLLOLOL i wont comment futher on this subject as i have very strong views :p
Very wise, in view of the fact that David has said here that this isn't the place to raise Bush's intentions to invade Iran.

Ahh bush is completly different subject, but what I would have in mind for Iran in my opinion would offend alot of people. I think they were totaly out of order, I dont know the story fully in depth but if you were in French waters would the french take you 'hostage' ? I find it a total and utter discrase of them taking libertys and abducting them.

BREAKING NEWS!; I'm watching BBC at this very moment, an Airbus carrying the fifteen will be touching down at Heathrow at about noon.

Steff said:
Ahh bush is completely different subject, but what I would have in mind for Iran in my opinion would offend a lot of people. I think they were totally out of order, I don't know the story fully in depth but if you were in French waters would the French take you 'hostage' ? I find it a total and utter disgrace of them taking liberties and abducting them.
no, but they could take you hostage.

assuming that they were in Iranian waters, then they were there Illegally, boarding other vessels!

If there were some random Iranians running around in patrol boats in British, or American waters randomly boarding boats and interrogating the crew, you could bet your life that they'd be locked up. possibly in Guantanamo bay or something like that tried as terrorist suspects.

i'm glad it had a happy ending...although i am kinda disappointed in the UN for not pressuring Iran more and imposing tougher sanctions on them to end this sooner...but at least it all had a happy ending :D

personally I'm glad it's all ended amicably,
I can see why the UN might threaten to impose sanctions, but honestly it's good that it's ended without any kind of threats having to be made.

besides which the captives, admitted that they were in the wrong place, though it's unclear as to what kind of pressure may have been applied to them, though I'm sure it'll all come out on the next week or so. as to exactly what happened, and whether the capture was actually justified,

I mean IF it turns out that they were in the wrong place, then you should just be thankful that they were released, I mean we are talking about armed soldiers trespassing, that could have ended horribly, and to be honest there isn't a lot that you could say...
as I said earlier, what do you expect happens to armed Iranian soldiers if they just start randomly interrogating people on foreign soil, I mean if they were in iranian waters, it could have been a sign that it was an act of war. (you do have to be rather careful about where you send your armies in times of war!!).

anyway, let's just all be glad that they are returned safely.

Ahyoka said:
i'm glad it had a happy ending...although i am kinda disappointed in the UN for not pressuring Iran more and imposing tougher sanctions on them to end this sooner...but at least it all had a happy ending :D
Some say that getting tough with them would have only made the situation worse, but who knows now?

Brookfield said:
Some say that getting tough with them would have only made the situation worse, but who knows now?

who knows, and lets hope we never have to find out. god knows we are in enough crap right now when it comes to wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom