are you a geek?

boardordi3

Fully Optimized
okay, now most of the people here are interested in computers, but im asking what type are you? i for one am a closet geek, only me and my other geek friends know im interested in computers, i fight the urge to type something in l337 on aim, lol or say something stupid. im just curious

It all depends on what u think geek is.

I am just overall some crazy non conformist guy as well, i don't fit into any category.

teh uber 933kzorz!!!!11!!!eleven!11!

That is fun to do. I am into programming also. Gamer... so geek.

I'll do 1337 as a joke sometimes but I actually type out complete sentences on IM/boards, sometimes even with punctuation. (ZOMG! :eek: )
But I'm pretty geeky, I'd say building my PC, changing the Windows UI, knowing and using MATLAB, not to mention the car stuff, geez... Some of you guys have heard me go on about all that in the car thread. That stuff would pretty much qualify me as "well above average geekiness" but I'm not the type to obsess about new technology either. So I'm probably middle of the road.

No I'm not, everyone knows I run a computer business and stuff but I don't make a big deal about it or anything.

Sup yo,

0217072244a.jpg

If you have almost 3000 posts on your, you're a geek.

Just because you look good and dont look like a geek doesnt mean you are not one.

Geeks are not just people with broken glasses that have no lives, those are nerds.

I'm into computer a lot. I am the techie guy at the shop, BUT, I repair stuff such as small chips on the boards, replace caps and I can fix and test PSUs.

I am eqquiped for the hardware part. Software, I'm very good, but not uber good. The struggling place is the networking area. I can set up home networking, but when it comes to language and programming for business and all that sort of stuff, then I crap out.

I can install routers, switches, set the wiring (without opening a wall), and I can set up the PC for internet acess and do home networking. But, for stuff like Remote stuff, I'm not there yet.

I am also good in wiring.

I own a soldering iron and soldering metal, as well as a complete PC toolkit.

I'm a geek, but I am using a very well constructed language. I'm not in the 1337 language, but I can read and understand it.

Back
Top Bottom