New Mobo, Processor, Video Card (Perhaps)

Andrew2008

Solid State Member
Guten tag all,
Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

I am looking to upgrade my computer due to the problems of graphical lag and stuttering I encounter when playing such games as World of Warcraft, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, and such programs including but not limited to Photoshop. I would greatly appreciate any assistance or recommendations for upgrade parts for my Mobo, Processor, Video Card, Hard drive, etc.
If you require any more information regarding my computer, please do not hesitate to ask.

Processor:
1.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (A dreaded 939 Socket!)
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board (Mobo):
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. NF-CK804 (A dreaded 939 Socket!)
Bus Clock: 201 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F2 12/17/2004

Drives:
203.91 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
140.49 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4161B [CD-ROM drive]
SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615 [CD-ROM drive]
YW1553N SUJ544M SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

IC USB Storage-CFC USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
IC USB Storage-MMC USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 3
IC USB Storage-MSC USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 4
IC USB Storage-SMC USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 2
Maxtor 6L200M0 [Hard drive] (203.92 GB) -- drive 0

Memory:
1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 1024 MB
Slot 'A1' has 1024 MB
Slot 'A2' is Empty
Slot 'A3' is Empty

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6800

Thank you in advance, and please do not feel the need to hold back on an item due to its price.

-Andrew

if you have 2.5 grand to spend, then I would recommend the highest core2duo model (don't remember #), or even a quad core, the asus commando motherboard, 4 gigs of ddr2-1000 ram, and then a couple raptors. Oh, and for the video card, an 8800GTX would do nicely. Then you would be able to run vista, and have fun with awesome graphics. And throw in a dvd burner too.

That totals to about $2400 (with quad core) or $2000 (with core2duo)

Does the Asus commando support quad core?

EDIT:

Commando
-Intel® Quad-core CPU Ready
-Intel® Core™2 Extreme / Core™2 Duo Ready

Answered my own question, Thanks!

But I have another, what is a "raptor" ?

wood_workur said:
if you have 2.5 grand to spend, then I would recommend the highest core2duo model (don't remember #), or even a quad core, the asus commando motherboard, 4 gigs of ddr2-1000 ram, and then a couple raptors. Oh, and for the video card, an 8800GTX would do nicely. Then you would be able to run vista, and have fun with awesome graphics. And throw in a dvd burner too.

That totals to about $2400 (with quad core) or $2000 (with core2duo)

with all that, he'll definitely need a new power supply, soooooo...

go with a high end core2duo and add a power supply and case to what WW already suggested...

For power supply, get a Silverstone OP850. Should be sufficient in powering that system.

A Raptor is a hard drive from Western Digital that holds around either 70 or 170 GB. The thing that makes these so special is that they are 10,000 rpm hard drives compared to the usual 7,200.

Awesome, Thank you all very much.

Now, cooling, would I need anything special? My current case is rather large and holds about 6 fans.

Is a Core 2 Duo E6850 Compatible with an Asus Commando?

EDIT:
Also, I'm unable to find a OP850 Power supply, did you mean OP750? Those I can find.

And what type of ram (PC3200, Etc) does an asus commando require?

Back
Top Bottom