Router security problems i think?? Help please

Anubis1980

Daemon Poster
K well its confused me, which doesnt mean much anymore lol...

A while back i used to check that my firewall was working by using a hackerwatch online firewall check, it passed everything, all invisible ports etc. Well i thought id check, and lo and behold it fails everything, so i check for viruses, spyware etc. My pc needed a reformat anyway, so after id done that, i checked again and still fails, even tho id reinstalled firewall (tried 3 different ones).

Im thinking that perhaps its a setting in my router somewhere, altho im not too good with routers and networks :) Does anyone know what could cause this? Im currently using Comodo, b4 that id used Jetico and Look n Stop, all great lil firewalls normally, but now none block anything, and since id reformatted my pc the only thing that hasnt been 'wiped' is my router. Ive tried to restore default settings and still nothing, its driving me mad!!!

Anubis1980 said:
K well its confused me, which doesnt mean much anymore lol...

A while back i used to check that my firewall was working by using a hackerwatch online firewall check, it passed everything, all invisible ports etc. Well i thought id check, and lo and behold it fails everything, so i check for viruses, spyware etc. My pc needed a reformat anyway, so after id done that, i checked again and still fails, even tho id reinstalled firewall (tried 3 different ones).

Im thinking that perhaps its a setting in my router somewhere, altho im not too good with routers and networks :) Does anyone know what could cause this? Im currently using Comodo, b4 that id used Jetico and Look n Stop, all great lil firewalls normally, but now none block anything, and since id reformatted my pc the only thing that hasnt been 'wiped' is my router. Ive tried to restore default settings and still nothing, its driving me mad!!!
be a little more pithy. you cant connect to the network? or your router has no pw and you want to add a pw?
what brand router is it wireless or hub etc

Its all up to date, windows, software etc, the router has the name of my ISP on it, Telefonica, although underneath it says Comtrend CT536+. Its wireless and wired, im using wired, wireless is disabled. I can connect to the net fine, im using it now, my dad is also connected to the Router via a cable. He is hardly on the net tho like maybe 10 mins every week ;)

Just confusing me and kinda worrying as to why the firewall always fails.

Back
Top Bottom